Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Complicated ESTAFA case. Please help!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Complicated ESTAFA case. Please help! Empty Complicated ESTAFA case. Please help! Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 pm

heaycekz

Arresto Menor

We as a store, accepted a jewelry from customer Mr. Cruz who is the rightful owner while being accompanied by Mrs. Rodriguez.

The jewelry was later claimed by Mrs. Rodriguez who had the receipt.

A few days later the wife of Mr. Cruz dropped by at our store looking for the jewelry, reporting that her husband died while with Mrs. Rodriguez and that the jewelry was stolen in his bag.

Out of good will, I want to help Mrs. Cruz find out whether Mrs. Rodriguez did really steal her husband's bracelet or not.

Mrs. Cruz is asking me for a sworn statement but I do not want the store to be involved at all. Am I obliged to write a sworn statement? Or are there any other ways that I could help her?

Can Mrs. Rodriguez file anything against our store after informing Mrs. Cruz of all the things that happened?

Likewise, can Mrs. Cruz file against our store if I don't write a sworn statement?

I'm thinking that they might be related and only want to get something out of our store or Mrs. Rodriguez could really be a thief.

Other facts:
Mrs. Rodriguez and Mr. Cruz are cousins and they are having an affair.
Mr. Cruz was found dead at Mrs. Rodriguez's condominium.
Mrs. Rodriguez does not want me to leak the information regarding her claiming the jewelry.
There are other suspicions against Mrs. Rodriguez.
The cause of Mr. Cruz death was natural.

Thank you!

attyLLL

i do not believe that the store will be liable for releasing the jewelry to rodriguez because possession of the ticket can be argued as sufficient authorization.

you are not obliged to issue any statement, but it may be the best way to avoid being involved in case the mrs is willing to take legal action.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum