Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

solemnizing officer in a civil wedding

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1solemnizing officer in a civil wedding Empty solemnizing officer in a civil wedding Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:16 pm

kratos

Arresto Menor

good day!
i would just like to ask, what if the name reflected in our marriage certificate as the solemnizing officer was the city mayor, but he was not really the one who solemnized the marriage. i was not aware who was that person and if he was really authorized. there was a signature of the mayor in our certificate but he was not the one who solemnized. can this be considered as null and void? thank you!

attyLLL

in my opinion yes, but you have to prove that both spouses believed that he had no authority at the time of the wedding. not sure also how you will prove that mayor was not there.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3solemnizing officer in a civil wedding Empty Re: solemnizing officer in a civil wedding Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 pm

kratos

Arresto Menor

thank you for your response attorney. i would also like to ask what would be the best way to know if that person was authorized? and what if he was really authorized to solemnize, was it still valid even if the signatory in our certificate was the city mayor? i am sure that the mayor was not actually the one who solemnized. thank you sir.

4solemnizing officer in a civil wedding Empty Re: solemnizing officer in a civil wedding Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:50 pm

attyLLL

some mayors are issuing authorization letters, but i don't believe this is valid. you can write a letter to the office of the mayor, but note the harder thing to prove that both of you believed that he was not qualified.

kratos

Arresto Menor

thank you again for this attorney. but what are the specific details that I can ask or confirm to the mayor thru the letter? with regards to the awareness if the one who solemnized our marriage was qualified, actually that time I was just 20, and my wife was 19, we were not that aware of that thing whether that person is really authorized. right now, we're no longer living together and we're separated, that's why I am looking for valid grounds for nullity or annulment. thank you sir.

kratos

Arresto Menor

attorney, i would just like to ask, what are the details that i can validly ask the mayor about this? i really want to pursue it. thank you very much

attyLLL

i would write out the details of the wedding and inquire how it happened that the mayor signed the contract but he was not present

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum