Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I file case of reckless imprudence and physical injury if vehicle is registered in my wife's name?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bato466

Arresto Menor

gud pm,

I need to know if it is legal for me to file a case of reckless imprudence resulting to damage to property and physical injury even though the car is registered under my wife's name and it is she who got injured during the accident.

The accident happened to us last year wherein a pickup car hit us in the right side of the front passenger side, where my wife is sitting. The accident put wife in the hospital for a week and caused damage to our car amounting to more than P90,000.00.

According to the lawyer of the other party, i am a mere witness because the vehicle that im driving is not registered in my name and that it is my wife who got injured and not me.

Please advise.

Thanks

TiagoMontiero

Prision Correccional

Ask your wife to file a complaint with the Prosecutor's Office of the City where the accident happen, you as witness.

Anyway, yes you can file a criminal case against the other party.

bato466

Arresto Menor

TiagoMontiero wrote:Ask your wife to file a complaint with the Prosecutor's Office of the City where the accident happen, you as witness.

Anyway, yes you can file a criminal case against the other party.

Sir, thanks for the reply. This is the question that has been bothering me since the day i received the petition from the respondent asking the Muntinlupa DOJ to drop the case due to the fact that the vehicle is not registered in my name and it is not I who got injured during the accident.

Muntinlupa denied their petition but the respondent filed another petition for review and deferment of arraignment in Manila DOJ for the same reasons. Hopefully Manila DOJ will be fair in their judgement and will rule in my favor. The other worry that i have is that the respondent has a relative working as court stenographer in Manila RTC that has been appearing everytime we have a hearing. Since the time of the accident, this relative of the respondent has been bragging in front of us that she works for the Supreme court and whatever case i file will just end up in the garbage. Well, I hope Manila DOJ will not be influenced by the so called Supreme Court employee.

babyjul09

Arresto Menor

good day! anu po mangyyri sa boyfren ko, kc merun po syang kso reckless imprudence resulting to damage property and physical injury. almost 4 years n rw po un nangyri, ant last 2009, inopen ang kso nya. seaman po sya dat year 2009 nkasampa pa sya s barko, at itong 2010 inaasekaso po nya ung kaso. anu po pwedeng mangyari po s knya,till now ongoing p ung kso.

attyLLL

is he trying to settle with them?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum