Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travel agent makes mistake and cruise line wants me to pay for it?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brodel

Arresto Menor

My girlfriend and I recently went on a cruse a few months ago and we booked it through a travel agent. We were given a better price than the cruise line gave us directly so we decided to go with it.

Upon receiving the quote, we noticed that it had been marked for a "senior discount". The next time we spoke with the travel agent, we brought this up and said we aren't seniors and we don't want to get any discounts we aren't eligible for. We were told that at certain times they can book it under certain discounts to give a better rate depending on the time of booking and some other restrictions and that we shouldn't worry about it and she does it all the time. (Unfortunately this was over the phone and not written in an e-mail.)

Anyway, when we got to the port to get on the ship we got pulled aside and told that we booked it under an invalid discount and that we would now have to pay the rate for the day of sail which ended up being $400 more per person. We were standing there with our bags packed and already made it to the port and after arguing back and forth with the cruse line and the travel agent via the phone, we were told that we would HAVE to pay in order to board the ship. The travel agent said that she would make some calls to the cruise lines corporate office and should have everything straight by the time we returned. Well that didn't happen and my $400 got declined because someone stole my credit card during the trip (the card was passed along to several cruise line employees and I'd be willing to bet it got written down or taken off the system.. but that's another story.)

Anyway, now the cruise line is asking me for the $400 since it was declined and I am still trying to get the original $400 back that we paid to get on the ship!

Do I have any legal options here? It would seem to me that if the cruise line has an issue with the discount being booked improperly after we told the travel agent we didn't want anything we weren't eligible for, the travel agent should pay the different, not us.

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum