Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travel Time - OT

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Travel Time - OT Empty Travel Time - OT Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:51 pm

accountant114

Arresto Menor

Good day!

Im an Internal Auditor of a multinational company in Makati, assinged in Makati office. We have a plant/factory somewhere in north luzon so I have to go there as a part of my internal audit job. I have to leave early (4:30am) when I am scheduled to go to the plant and I usually arrive home at 11:00PM. An HR personnel told me that I can file my travel time going to and from the plant as Overtime work since Im assigned at the Makati office and my usual work time (time away from home) extends when Im going to tarlac because I have to wake up early and go home late. Then our VP confronted me and telling me that I should not be charging OT for travel time because the plant is the extension of our Makati office and going to the plant is actually part of my job as an internal auditor.

I would like to know if I should really charge my travel time as OT since I'm having more time away from my family when I'm scheduled to go to the plant.

If it's applicable, please provide some related articles from the Labor Code of the Phils. Thank you very much.

2Travel Time - OT Empty Re: Travel Time - OT Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:15 am

attyLLL

travel time is compensable. look up a copy of Everyone's Labor Code by Azucena and the discussion on Art. 84

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum