Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this illegal suspension?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this illegal suspension? Empty Is this illegal suspension? Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:41 pm

piper_maru

Arresto Menor

I received a Notice to Explain from my manager last October accusing me of a company policy I violated of which we had a discussion about last Sept. 25. The said notice was vague, it only stated the policy # and title, and merely said that according to our meeting last Sept. 25, they found out that I violated company rule #00000.

I questioned the Notice since the meeting they are referring to in that letter happened Sept. 27, not Sept. 25, and that it was very vague. There were actually two issues, the first one I was being directly blamed for, and the second one which was only incidentally discussed. The Notice did not specify which of the two they are charging me of, and to add to the confusion, both could fall under the violation of the same policy.

A hearing was held and the HR decided to discuss only the incidental issue (issue #2). I objected to it since the meeting last Sept. 27 was called to discuss issue #1; as far as I was concerned, #2 was non existent since it was (and still is) a tolerated practice in our company, and even the ones who accused me are guilty of it. Long story short, I was suspended for issue #2 when all along, and even during the hearing, it was issue #1 my manager was accusing me of and issue #1 for which an evidence was presented.

***I'm not sure if this has any bearing at all, but in all of the letters I received from the my manager and the HR, none contained the correct spelling of my legal name.

2Is this illegal suspension? Empty Re: Is this illegal suspension? Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:17 pm

attyLLL

procedure wise, it sounds ok. name is no issue.

the more important thing here is whether you really did what you are accused of and if it warrants suspension.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum