Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ILLEGAL SUSPENSION

+4
attyLLL
inabusongmedrep
gienahmay
legal_edit
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:12 pm

legal_edit

Arresto Menor

The penalty of suspension maybe imposed only for a just cause AND ONLY AFTER observance of due process of law.

2ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 pm

gienahmay

Arresto Menor

hi! my company issued a preventive suspension effective feb 16 2013 to march 16 2013. i've been contacting my immediate supervisor since march 12 for follow up, he said that there's no decision yet with my case and i just have to standby. march 19, 2013, hr head called me for a 2nd admin hearing so i went to the office for the second hearing but when i asked them about my overdue suspen they just apologized. can this be a ground for illegal suspension already and what will i get from them if i file a case?

3ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:53 pm

inabusongmedrep

Arresto Menor

Legal Basis

The right of employer to impose preventive suspension is not found in the Labor Code itself.

The oft-cited legal basis for imposition of preventive suspension is Section 8 and Section 9 of Rule XXIII, Book V, of the Omnibus Rules Implementing the Labor Code, as amended by Department Order No. 9, Series of 1997, which read as follows:

Section 8. Preventive suspension. The employer may place the worker concerned under preventive suspension only if his continued employment poses a serious and imminent threat to the life or property of the employer or of his co-workers.

Section 9. Period of suspension. No preventive suspension shall last longer than thirty (30) days. The employer shall thereafter reinstate the worker in his former or in a substantially equivalent position or the employer may extend the period of suspension provided that during the period of extension, he pays the wages and other benefits due to the worker. In such case, the worker shall not be bound to reimburse the amount paid to him during the extension if the employer decides, after completion of the hearing, to dismiss the worker.

Ask ko lang, ano threat mo sa office ? I suggest go to NLRC, bring all written suspension orders, talk to a lawyer.

4ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 pm

attyLLL

gie, answered your other post

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:51 pm

numero uno

Arresto Menor

for illegal suspension, will you be paid for the days you were suspended if the decision on the case was made on your favor? also, when can we say that your continuous employment threatens the life of you co-employees, employer, or property of the company?

6ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:03 pm

attyLLL

numero, yes on first.

it depends, on your second question.

gienahmay

Arresto Menor

what if they exonerate me and i'll file an immediate resignation effective that day? will it be okay or do i really need to render the 30 days? bec i really dont want to go back to that company as our relationship has been strained already. i feel that they did lots of violations that i cant bear to work for them anymore.

8ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:56 pm

attyLLL

imo, you should still render the 30 day notice

9ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:05 am

inabusongmedrep

Arresto Menor

IMO kung wala kang kasalanan talaga, file a resignation, tama ka strained na ang relationship ninyo. Kung kakasuhan mo sa NLRC, it will bring back your dignity. Choose..

10ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 am

leojoero

Arresto Menor

hi po! hingi din po ng advise. I was issued also by my company a 30 day preventive suspension. The case was according po sa inventory nila may nawawala daw po stocks sa possesion ko. Then, when I conducted my own inventory wala naman po nawawala..marami po kasi silang na overlooked na paperworks kaya po kulang inventory nila. After two days, may bumaba na po na memo ng suspension ko..and kinabukasan na kaagad ung simula..ask ko lang po. do you think that I pose a threat sa property or life ng employer ko. Wala naman po ako case ng violence sa labas o sa loob ng opisina namen. Should I file a case sa nlrc for illegal suspension?

11ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 am

inabusong-medrep

Arresto Menor

Di pinaniwlaan ng employer mo ang imbentaryo mo ? Ano Sabi ng immediate supervisor mo ? May HR office ba kayo ? Seems suspension kaagad without an investigation ? Ano findings ? Dapat meron nun .... Kung di makuha sa magandang pakiusap ang supervisor mo ..Isama mno siya sa complaint mo sa NLRC.Aside sa employer/ HR ninyo..

12ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:56 am

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

[quote="leojoero"]hi po! hingi din po ng advise. I was issued also by my company a 30 day preventive suspension. The case was according po sa inventory nila may nawawala daw po stocks sa possesion ko. Then, when I conducted my own inventory wala naman po nawawala..marami po kasi silang na overlooked na paperworks kaya po kulang inventory nila. After two days, may bumaba na po na memo ng suspension ko..and kinabukasan na kaagad ung simula..ask ko lang po. do you think that I pose a threat sa property or life ng employer ko. Wala naman po ako case ng violence sa labas o sa loob ng opisina namen. Should I file a case sa nlrc for illegal suspension?[/quote]

seems hindi ka dumaan sa tamang proseso..di ka manlang nila binigyan ng pagkakataong magpaliwanag.

13ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Empty Re: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:45 am

attyLLL

prepare your written explanation and your evidences that there is no missing inventory. you will be paid if it is proven that the suspension was not warranted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum