Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

her rights?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1her rights? Empty her rights? Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:52 am

bruno37

Arresto Menor

a woman friend of mine have this legal problem...
a balikbayan from USA wooed the woman (my friend)to live with him and since the man informed her that he was already separated from his wife my woman friend agreed to live with him. in the course of their unity, they have built a house, purchased assets and put up a small business all were acquired under their names (partnership?). however, in the course of their living together, their characters and personalities often clash and after 2 years... due to their irreconcilable differences the woman call it quits. the man who cannot accept the decision of the woman "throw" her out of the house with only her personal belongings with her. worst was that she was accused by the man of stealing from him and she cannot even go near the house. with his consent, the house is now occupied by his relative/friend. my question sir is that...can my woman friend claim a certain portion of whatever they have built, or purchased or profitted when they were still living together. thank you.

2her rights? Empty Re: her rights? Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

bruno37 wrote:a woman friend of mine have this legal problem...
a balikbayan from USA wooed the woman (my friend)to live with him and since the man informed her that he was already separated from his wife my woman friend agreed to live with him. in the course of their unity, they have built a house, purchased assets and put up a small business all were acquired under their names (partnership?). however, in the course of their living together, their characters and personalities often clash and after 2 years... due to their irreconcilable differences the woman call it quits. the man who cannot accept the decision of the woman "throw" her out of the house with only her personal belongings with her. worst was that she was accused by the man of stealing from him and she cannot even go near the house. with his consent, the house is now occupied by his relative/friend. my question sir is that...can my woman friend claim a certain portion of whatever they have built, or purchased or profitted when they were still living together. thank you.

all their acquired properties during cohabitation is considered as equal share and governed by the rules on co-ownership..

3her rights? Empty Re: her rights? Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 pm

attyLLL

if the man was married, there is no presumption of equality. each party will have to prove their respective contributions.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum