Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

correction of middle name and first name

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1correction of middle name and first name Empty correction of middle name and first name Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:32 pm

cutiechen

Arresto Menor

Hello po, I would like ask po. I am planning to get my mother a passport but her first name po is Julinda but when she got her NSO its Yolinda,. Also, her middle name is Seroijos on the nso but on the marriage contract its Seojihos.

How can this be corrected? We have migrated na po to a different place. It would be impossible for my mom to go back on her birth place. Can I just process the correction on our current place?

Thanks.

vyayoy

Arresto Menor

Hello cutiechen, gusto ko lang makatulong. May experience kasi ako dun sa maling first name sa birth certificate. I am quoting here:

"The general rule is that petition shall be filed with the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the record containing the clerical error to be corrected or first name to be changed is kept.

However, in case the petitioner is a migrant within or outside the Philippines, meaning his present residence or domicile is different from where his civil registry record or records are registered, he may file the petition in the nearest (LCRO) in his area. His petition will be treated as a migrant petition."

Pero what I did was went to the place where I was registered. You also need kasi ng local (municipal) copy of your mother's birth certificate, bukod pa dun sa NSO copy.

Hope that helps. Smile

attyLLL

you have to file an admin petition at the local civil registrar for correction of clerical error where the birth certificate is registered.

but i believe there is a process where she can send it by courier or by mail. she should inquire at the civil registrar. if she can't go, i'm sure there's a way to call and inquire.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum