Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

help! bounced checks

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1help! bounced checks Empty help! bounced checks Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:03 pm

lynlyn09

Arresto Menor

i would like to know po the process and what my options are. My friend will file a case against me sometime next week for bounced cheqs. I was borrowing money from him for some time now and i would issue a cheq as a guarantee. Evrything was ok unitl last October when I was not able to fund the cheqs amounting to 132k and 75k. I asked for an extention to give me time to fund the cheqs but he wouldn't agree anymore. He's been texting me that he would file a case and that i would go to jail. I feel scared now because i have 2 kids and i wouldn't want to go to jail. He said that that I would hear from his lawyer next week. Please help. I dont know what to do and i dont even know if i can afford to get a lawyer to defend me. I dont have money(literally) right now. But I have a job agood apaying one and i know that i could pay him installment but on a longer term. can you pplease help. i want to know what happens next when he filed the case already? will i go to jail immediately? what if he wont agree on a settlement?

2help! bounced checks Empty Re: help! bounced checks Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 am

attyLLL

were the checks deposited? try to avoid signing for any notice or demand letter from him. keep negotiating

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3help! bounced checks Empty Re: help! bounced checks Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 pm

lynlyn09

Arresto Menor

the checks were not deposited. it's with his lawyer na po. In fact, his lawyer arranged for a meeting this friday. What do i do po? ano po ba dapat ko gawin when i meet with his lawyer. sabi nya for negotiations daw.please reply. thanks po.

4help! bounced checks Empty Re: help! bounced checks Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:45 am

Almondo

Arresto Mayor

Im not a lawyer,,,, i was told that cheques have to be deposited within 3 months of the date written on the cheque....My advice is play for time... use excuse to pospone the meeting with his Atty..

5help! bounced checks Empty Re: help! bounced checks Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:16 am

attyLLL

if the checks were not deposited and have become stale, then all they can file is a civil case for collection

6help! bounced checks Empty Re: help! bounced checks Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 pm

lynlyn09

Arresto Menor

hi atty!

The total amount i owe him is 248,000. he had me sign with his lawyer a moa stating that i pay monthly until novemebr. I was able to pay the first check last february amounting to 25k. come march, the check bounced then this april he wanted me to settle the march plus the due for the month. last april 15 I was able to deposit to his account 25k only to cover for the due amount for march. then he deposited the check for april and i was not able to fund it and my account got closed. i still have 8 checks with him including the april. he said he'll file a case na raw. i'm quite scared and do not know what to expect or do nnext? nahirapan na nga po ako to meet with the monthly amount so much so pg ng kasuhan na and kukuha papo ako ng lawyer. makukulong po ba ako agad? is there a chance that i can still negotiate staggard payments of smaller amount even if the case has been filed already? kindly give me advice po. on what to do next d how i can help myself solve this problem. thank you very much po.

7help! bounced checks Empty Re: help! bounced checks Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:57 pm

attyLLL

you issued new checks?

8help! bounced checks Empty You issued new checks? Damn!!! Tue May 01, 2012 6:18 pm

nathanpogi

Arresto Menor

Your Old checks goes stale. Boom! your off the bouncing check law, You are no longer criminally liable, all they can do is to file for a civil case which is for the collection of sum of money which no matter how high can never put you to jail. The constitution guarantees that no one goes to jail because of an outstanding debt.
Atty. told you never to sign anything ESPECIALLY new checks but you issued new ones and unfortunately it was deposited since you say your checking acct. got closed due to DAIF. Congratulations, now you are on the hook again, and if that is 8 checks unfunded, that is 8 counts. And you ask atty. what is the minimum total amount of a bounced check to qualify you for estafa. Geeesh!!! You really need to get a good lawyer to get off this one. I wish you luck! I'm not an attorney though so maybe my information is wrong.

9help! bounced checks Empty Re: help! bounced checks Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 pm

lynlyn09

Arresto Menor

i was trapped because if i didn't sign the moa and issue new cheqs last january they would have filed that case last janauary pa. please help me on what to do. i hope u can answer asap.i'm so scared now. what do i do/expect once they filed the case? .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum