Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

WITHHOLDING OF TAXES ON AIRLINES GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES FOR OVERTIME SERVICES

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nems

Arresto Menor

one of my client is an international airlines (carrier of passenger). monthly we pay for the overtime services of different government agencies serving at the international airport, we have a problem with one of the agency cause they charge my client with overtime services plus meals plus transpo fixed amount for a number of personel. now we withheld 15% on the total amount but they only want to withheld on the overtimes services only, excluding the meals and transpo. i try to explain to them that the whole amount is subject to 15% tax cause it is a fixed amount per personnel its not reimbursement. they want a provision with the BIR regarding meals and transpo.can you help me site the ruling of BIR?

Makubex

Arresto Menor

Under Revenue Regulations No. 2-98, as amended, Section 2.57.2(K) states that:
"(K) Additional income payments to government personnel from importer, shipping and airline companies, or their agents. - On gross additional payments by importers, shipping and airline companies, or their agents to government personnel for overtime services as authorized by law - Fifteen percent (15%)

For this purpose, the importers, shipping and airline companies or their agents, shall be the withholding agents of the Government;"

It can be gleaned from the said regulations that only overtime services are subject to the 15% withholding tax. The government agency is right on their contention that reimbursement for meals and transportation are not subject to withholding tax.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum