Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

change my daughter's surname to mine (his father)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

binggggg

Arresto Menor

Need advices po, I wanted to change my daughter's surname to mine (his father), when i signed her birth certificate when she was born and the nurse asked me if i wanted my surname to be given to my daughter, I said "no", I was still not ready on that time, in every aspect, so i guess they used the mothers surname, but now i wanted to change it to mine, what should i do?

I supported my daughter since 1st month inside her mother, up to now..By the way her mother is married to her 1st husband, and they have 1 child also. What should I do to change my daughter's surname to mine?

Thanks in advance!

attyLLL

you did not mention she was married in your other post. imo, the child's surname should be that of her husband, and you have no legal remedy.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

binggggg

Arresto Menor

but atty., when i met the mother of my child,in college, she's not meeting or even talking to her husband,they are not in good terms already, maybe theres other ways to do this???

One more thing atty., should i really wait for my daughter 'til 7yrs old so she can finally decide where she wants to stay? I'm not satisfied with my daughter staying at her mothers place, up to now she still brings "boyS" to their house, and my daughter is seeing those things, she's really not a mother type girl, I can prove it 'cause even me witnessed what shes doing with her son when we're still together, she totally ignores him, and i guess thats what happening to my daughter right now, I fear for my daughter's future, Please help atty., and the next time I reply can i speak taglish so i can explain things more accurately Smile thanks again, hope there's still a way to solve this

attyLLL

get a dna test and file a petition in court to have you declared as the father, and i will bet you will still lose.

sorry, but the law is designed to protect the legitimate status of the child. only the husband is given this chance, and only one year.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

binggggg

Arresto Menor

what if the mother agrees to change the surname to me, what application should i apply for???

thanks

madammeatty

Arresto Menor

you and the mother do not have the legal right under the law to agree to change the last name of a child born under a legitimate marriage between the mother and her husband.. only the husband has the right to impugn the legitimacy of the child...

binggggg

Arresto Menor

What if I talked to her husband and persuade him to let me have the right to change it? Should I let him sign something??

THANKS for the replies..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum