Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Case of Bigamy

+2
quinnamira
JOSE LISING
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Case of Bigamy Empty Case of Bigamy Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:27 am

JOSE LISING

Arresto Menor

My former Boss was married to a Filipina in Hong Kong
and also married after few years to a Chinese in Rome, Italy. Can I sue my Boss for Bigamy?

2Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:38 pm

quinnamira

Arresto Menor

why would you sue your boss?? i don't think its relevant...and i don't think that u have the right to sue him.. unless you're also married to him???

3Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:33 pm

roj

Arresto Menor

your boss is liable for bigamy case. as far as i know the person who can file the case is the aggrieved person or the aggrieved party...

4Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:04 am

attyLLL

bigamy is a public crime and anyone can file the case.

there is a big debate whether it can be prosecuted in the philippines because the ceremony was committed outside the philippines.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:44 pm

roj

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:bigamy is a public crime and anyone can file the case.

u mean attyLLL even if ur not an aggrieve person or aggrieve party can file the case for as long as you have the proof?

6Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:36 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

roj wrote:
attyLLL wrote:bigamy is a public crime and anyone can file the case.

u mean attyLLL even if ur not an aggrieve person or aggrieve party can file the case for as long as you have the proof?

The reason why bigamy is a public crime is because of the public license to marry. Marriage is a public contract between the husband and wife to form a new unit within society and it is in the best interest of society to regulate those licenses for the orderly function of society. It is thought that if marriages were contracted without order or consideration for the other marriages already in existence, then chaos would ensue and destroy the orderly functioning of society....

7Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:12 am

attyLLL

roj, yes.

8Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 pm

roj

Arresto Menor

hi attyLLL how about the concubinage is it also considered a public crime?

9Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:17 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

roj wrote:hi attyLLL how about the concubinage is it also considered a public crime?
No. Bigamy is a public offense and a crime against status, while adultery/concubinage are private offenses and are crimes against chastity.

10Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:08 pm

roj

Arresto Menor

concepab wrote:
roj wrote:hi attyLLL how about the concubinage is it also considered a public crime?
No. Bigamy is a public offense and a crime against status, while adultery/concubinage are private offenses and are crimes against chastity.

ganun po ba? so dapat yung aggrieved party or person talaga yung magfile..kasi may alam kasi aku na tao na yung status nya is considered as concubinage since shes living now w/ a man who is not his husband (foreigner).

11Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:07 am

roj

Arresto Menor

by the way in relation to bigamy case how lng po ba ang result lng resolution ng kaso? tapus if may result na sa resolusyon ilang months pa ba ang antayin para marelese ang warrant?

12Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:03 am

attyLLL

the rules state about 45 days, but in truth there's no standard time. i have a current bigamy case where the resolution has been pending for almost 4 months.

13Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:07 pm

roj

Arresto Menor

ah ok attyLLL thanks ang tagal pa pala =( ang haba pa ng freedom the accused person..=(

14Case of Bigamy Empty Re: Case of Bigamy Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:28 am

manilenio

Arresto Menor

concubinage/bigamy is the case filed against the husband, while adultery is the case filed against the wife, right? also, are both crimes (bigamy and adultery) punishable by incarceration? i was under the impression that only adultery is punishable by incarceration because a child borne out of that illicit affair is still considered a legal heir of the husband of the woman, even if he isn't the father.

http://www.manilenio.o.cc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum