Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

bigamy case

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bigamy case Empty bigamy case Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

ruari_ashley

Arresto Menor

Hi
My mother in law learned that his busband commit a second marriage but they are separated for 30 years. Is she can demand for all the support she would have for those years? Also what will happen to his husband if she win the case?

2bigamy case Empty Re: bigamy case Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:04 pm

attyLLL

has she filed an actual complaint in prosecutor's office? is she really interested in prosecuting him or just getting money?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3bigamy case Empty re bigamy case Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:01 am

ruari_ashley

Arresto Menor

she wants both of it. all of the hardship she had and for the support that his son should have for all those years.

She already filled the case, but her husband is a seaman so how can she get hold of him not getting out of the country.

Also is there a possibility that she can transfer the case because it was filled in Baguio City. Before she filled the bigamy case, her husband filled an annulment(this happen when her husband learned that she knew about his second marriage) for their marriage, case is almost a year now. Will this can affect the bigamy case?

Another thing, she was advice that if her husband plead guilty about it, he will be given only 2 years inprinsonment and he can apply for reconsideration that he will just report every month for the duration of 2 years, is this true?

I really want to help her but we don't have much money to support her. I was also looking for a lawyer to ask advice particularly family lawyer.

4bigamy case Empty Re: bigamy case Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:17 pm

attyLLL

what she can do is to file a request for issuance of a watchlist order with the doj. hopefully, if she is able to monitor his planned departure, she can have it enforced so he cannot leave.

or she can push for the resolution of the case with the prosecutor so that it will be filed in court and a warrant of arrest issued.

it is true that if he pleads guilty, the penalty can be reduced and he can apply for probation.

5bigamy case Empty bigamy case Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:09 am

ruari_ashley

Arresto Menor

i think she was informed that there would be a warrant of arrest that will serve? Does she need to do other things like give copy of this to DFA and the manning agency he his working or they will be the one to send copies for the warrant so he can't get out of the country.

How he can be arrested if they are denying that he does not live in that address my inlaw used in filling the case. He has two home properties in sta. rosa, laguna but his using the address that no one was staying.

How can my mother inlaw hold of the things he has when he already transfer his property so she can never claim for those. He already transfer it with his daughter and livein partner. Does my inlaw have holds on this property?

Thank you so much for your help!

6bigamy case Empty Re: bigamy case Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:43 am

attyLLL

she should just focus on the complaint. the warrant of arrest will follow if the complaint prospers. you will have to monitor when he is in the country so the warrant can be implemented.

as for the transfers, you will have to provide proof that he did that.

7bigamy case Empty Re: bigamy case Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:29 pm

joan of arc

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:what she can do is to file a request for issuance of a watchlist order with the doj. hopefully, if she is able to monitor his planned departure, she can have it enforced so he cannot leave.

or she can push for the resolution of the case with the prosecutor so that it will be filed in court and a warrant of arrest issued.

it is true that if he pleads guilty, the penalty can be reduced and he can apply for probation.

atty,

how to file arequest fos issuance of a watchlist order with doj? is it getting with the prosecutor's office will be the first step?

thanks

8bigamy case Empty Re: bigamy case Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:02 pm

attyLLL

unfortunately, wlos are no longer being issued because of a tro imposed by the supreme court.

9bigamy case Empty Re: bigamy case Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:44 pm

joan of arc

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:unfortunately, wlos are no longer being issued because of a tro imposed by the supreme court.

so in such case atorney that watchlist orders are no longer issued by doj what shud be done to blocked a seafarer from going out of the country again?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum