Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

land pawning

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1land pawning Empty land pawning Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:29 am

cathtordil

Arresto Menor

ask ko lng po if ung land na naipawn eh may expiry? kz ung pinag sanglaan ng lupa halos ayaw na ibalik ung lupa sa amin. naisanla lng po nmin un ng 30 thousand last 2007 at ngaun sinisingil kami ng 200k bayad. what would be the best thing to do po?

2land pawning Empty Re: land pawning Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:00 pm

brazil

Arresto Menor

if i may correct you cannot pawn a land because contract of pledge can be on personal or movable properties only. Anyway, can you please detail what are the documents if any have you signed or prepared so can have proper appreciation of your case. It would depend on the agreements you made, it might be a mortgage or ANTICHRESIS.

3land pawning Empty Re: land pawning Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:59 pm

cathtordil

Arresto Menor

nothing have been sign sir.. only the original copy of the land title has been given..the pawner said that it has a timeframe but as far as I know we did ot sign any documents.

4land pawning Empty Re: land pawning Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:17 pm

brazil

Arresto Menor

If you haven't signed any document, there is no way your creditor can acquire the land because it cannot be transferred to his/her name. the best way is to settle your obligation with your creditor. If he/she insists not to give you the title you may file a case against him/her to compel to give you the title and that would entail another cost. Anyway you can sell the land anytime at reasonable price to any person then settle your obligation with your creditor.

Primarily your creditor cannot transfer to his/her name the title to the property.

5land pawning Empty Re: land pawning Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:40 am

jundy101

Arresto Menor

Hi, can you give me advice, regarding Land Pawning "My grandmother accept land pawning way back 1940's with agreement and sign both parties. the agreement stated that if the land not ransom a certain period of time it will be own by my grandmother. is it legal or illegal?as of today we pay the RPT annually? please advice whether we have the right of the land or can we own it?, we plan to build a vacation house, but we're hesitant regarding the situation.
Thanks

6land pawning Empty Re: land pawning Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

@jundy
Is the land titled or not?
jundy101 wrote:Hi, can you give me advice, regarding Land Pawning "My grandmother accept land pawning way back 1940's with agreement and sign both parties. the agreement stated that if the land not ransom a certain period of time it will be own by my grandmother. is it legal or illegal?
I have no idea what the laws said back then  Smile  but depending of what you answered at my first question there is PERHAPS an other solution.
jundy101 wrote:
as of today we pay the RPT annually?
You have a questionmark there, which confuse me  Smile
Have you paid the property tax?
If Yes, for how long time back?
jundy101 wrote:
please advice whether we have the right of the land or can we own it?, we plan to build a vacation house, but we're hesitant regarding the situation.
Thanks
IF it's titled land, NOWADAYS is a Foreclosure procedure needed, but I don't know how it was back then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum