Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bigamy case

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bigamy case Empty Bigamy case Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:01 pm

gmigz27

Arresto Menor

hi!

i am hoping someone could clarify this legal matter. i am really confused, BIGAMY is a public crime isn’t it? Thus, any concerned citizen, who has the legal capacity, may file the criminal charges, right? And if this is so the case, where MUST / SHOULD the concerned citizen file the complaint? in the place where the first marriage commenced or where the supposedly bigamous marriage occurred?

Do we have a prevailing jurisprudence regarding this issue?

2Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:01 pm

adomicbomb

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I believe i have read the answer to this question somewhere before. With Bigamy case the offended party or parties concerned are the only ones who can file the case. Be it the offended 1st wife, or the offended 2nd wife if she didn't know. I'm uncertain if the children from either marriage can file as well. But im quite certain a party with no relation or concern to the case could not file a bigamy case against a random person as they were not the offended or aggrieved party.

Why would you want to do that anyway? For the sake of revenge?

3Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:59 pm

gmigz27

Arresto Menor

Not for revenge,just want to help and warn other girls about him. He's actually my 2nd cousin. His 1st and 2nd wife both had knowledge with their marriages and had an agrrement that they'll just gonna sue him if there will be another women aside from them. He even changed his name to do that. And to our surprised theres a 3rd and 4th women involved with kids. And I think he still had an unaffair with a co-worker. Isn't that alarming?

4Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:16 pm

adomicbomb

Arresto Menor

That is indeed very alarming.

However I believe you should talk to either the 1st wife or the 2nd wife and have them sue instead of doing it by yourself.

Remember things like this are very complicated especially if property is involved. You do not know if the 2nd wife agreed to be silent about it if their house is under their joint names, it maybe a case that they tolerate his insolence and womanizing because they could lose far more if they sued him.

5Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:32 pm

gmigz27

Arresto Menor

Can the other women sue him as well? Cause the 4th women is a distant relative of my wife she doesnt know that the guy and I are related so she's not aware of him being married twice. They were officemates before.He used "Single" on his status and no dependents given when she verfied it with the H.R.

can she file for repeated marital infidelity? is it considered psychological violence under ra 9262?

6Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:41 am

adomicbomb

Arresto Menor

If the 4th woman was "married" to him also then yes she can file a case because she becomes an aggrieved party. This man appears to be a pathological liar and needs to be put behind bars. I have no sympathy for bigamists but I feel for the women he victimized.

My friend had a similar bigamy case she found out about her husband decades after they've been living together. The man is completely irresponsible and didn't keep a job. The woman worked for the whole family and because of her hard work they were able to buy some properties. Now, the husband is exposed as a bigamist and the sad sad thing is that half of the property the woman worked so hard for will be forfeited in favor of the "1st family" and not her children.

Can you see how unfair this is? You are a victim of a bigamist and instead of being compensated, the law will take HALF of what you have and give it to the real family of the bigamist. This is the height of Injustice. Advice your friends to sell their properties before they sue him so they can put him to jail without harming themselves or their interests.

7Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:37 am

gmigz27

Arresto Menor

Im not that sure if she was married but in case she's NOT, Can she still file a case or is there anything she could do to teach that guy and end his immorality?
She's very upset and depressed. She came from a good family,and dreamed to have not perfect, just a happy family but it became a nightmare. They're not living together,he leave her a son 7 years old. He's not even giving them enough financial support. She's actually full of hatred, she believed with all his lies. She even tried to committed suicide but with the help of the family and friends she recover. What if she go to a TV program like TULFO to make a complaint? Because the guy still using "Single" as his status,he did not even declared their son as his dependent in SSS, Philhealth, Medicard etc. in his company which will help her and her son in case of emergency.

8Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:38 am

attyLLL

anyone can file a case of bigamy. what you will need will be the two marriage certificates. if the names are different, there will need to be proof that the names refer to one person.

in a similar case i am handling, we used pictures from the second wedding and asked a relative to identify the accused as the same person in the first wedding.

the case should be filed where the second wedding was held.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

9Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:26 am

gmigz27

Arresto Menor

ok tnx. But last thing, let's say for example the 4th girl is not married. Can she also file a case for abandonement?
tnx for the help.

10Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:20 pm

attyLLL

she can but it won't prosper.

11Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:53 pm

ronjay

ronjay
Arresto Mayor

attyLLL wrote:anyone can file a case of bigamy. what you will need will be the two marriage certificates. if the names are different, there will need to be proof that the names refer to one person.

in a similar case i am handling, we used pictures from the second wedding and asked a relative to identify the accused as the same person in the first wedding.
"the case should be filed where the second wedding was held."

ano po ba ang dapat gawin ng inirereklamo pag sa ibang lugar nag file ang nagre reklamo? ano po ang mangyayari sa reklamo o kaso?
salamat po ng marami.

12Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:03 pm

attyLLL

it will be dismissed

13Bigamy case Empty Re: Bigamy case Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 pm

ronjay

ronjay
Arresto Mayor

attyLLL wrote:it will be dismissed
maraming salamat po atty.

Sponsored content