Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bounced Cheque - Salary pay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bounced Cheque - Salary pay Empty Bounced Cheque - Salary pay Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:39 am

machlhon

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,
Good day! I need your advice on this situation.
My previous company issued me a cheque for my last pay; before I deposit the cheque I call the company if the account already have funds, but they begged me to delay it so that they can fund it. So I deposit it next banking day but the cheque bounced? I tried to contact them but they didnt respond. I had a chance to contact them after 4 days and they begged me to have the cheque encash/deposit after 4 days so they fund it; and before that day comes I call them first to have it funded before I deposit it but and they confirm that they will fund it within the day. After 3 days, the cheque bounced again.
Im plannning to file a criminal and civil case? The cheque amount is just 40,000 pesos and how much do you think will I have to spend for the case? What are my other options - will I benefit if I pursue with this or will it cost more for my side?

Thanks

2Bounced Cheque - Salary pay Empty Re: Bounced Cheque - Salary pay Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:39 pm

attyLLL

cost depends on which lawyer you retain, if any. you can file a small claim case for P40,000 or file a case of bp 22 against the signatories of the check, but you have to send them a notice of dishonor and prove they received it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum