Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chattel Mortgage - Foreign Transaction

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chattel Mortgage - Foreign Transaction Empty Chattel Mortgage - Foreign Transaction Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:55 am

rvinfante

Arresto Menor

I have a close friend who wants to borrow money with car as a collateral. I am not living in the Philippines. One of the problem is that she is saying that the OR/CR is always in her car but she can not send the original to me because that is the one she has to show in case of traffic violations. I can draw up a promissory note and a deed of chattel mortgage. I think I also need a SPA which I have to notarized with the consul here. My questions are: 1. Is the duplicate OR/CR sufficient in this case? 2. How will I inform the LTO that there is a lien on the property. Is emailing or calling them ok. What are the other documents and processes I have to make sure? Thanks.

attyLLL

i recommend you register the mortgage at the LTof the ortgage and pay the requisite fees. see the lto website for requirements. you have to submit a copy a photocopy is sufficient for keeping at the car. your representative can hold onto the original CR.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum