Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chattel Mortgage

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chattel Mortgage Empty Chattel Mortgage Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:56 am

Ruilevi

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have a chattel mortgage with east west bank and just recently a collector came to the house to inform me that my account has defaulted because I have missed 2 months payment. With this, they are demanding that i pay the full amount or surrender the car. I asked for understanding and promised that I will pay the past due amount (40k) by Friday (2 days after they came here). The collector said that my only option right now is to surrender the car and then we can come to an agreement on the payments which is subject to approval. I am asking advise on their possible next moves and also advise on how I should proceed. I declined thr voluntary surrender of the car by the way. I asked the collector if there is someone I can talk to so we can come into an agreement but the collector said there is none.

Thanks

Thank you.

2Chattel Mortgage Empty Re: Chattel Mortgage Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:24 am

just.ice

Arresto Menor

I am not a lawyer , but a friend of mine suffered like yours, its better to communicate with the bank, and settle an agreement to pay, and never to missed again becos if you do miss again, you'll have the "WRIT OF REPLEVIN" and by that time there will be a sheriff going to your house and will get the car, by that time also having a writ of replevin, is that your name is being processed in court already, so please be careful.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum