Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revocable Trust and IRA's

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Revocable Trust and IRA's Empty Revocable Trust and IRA's Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:45 am

fowth

Arresto Menor

I am a co-trustee of an irrevocable Trust. There are two of us. I got the house and its contents (minus some stated items) and the other co-trustee received the money (money market accounts the checking and saving account) the question comes up now that there were some IRA"s. These were not included in the Trust. I am listed as a beneficiary on one of the IRA's. The bank has contacted me and I have sent in the required paperwork. Recently my co-trustee has stated that this money is NOT mine. As she was the beneficiary of the money and I got the house. BOA informed me that the IRA's and the Trust are different and separate items. I am being hounded and never so gently threaten with court that this is not my money and I need to sign it over to her ASAP so she can get on with life. I need to know if I am bound to give her the money or as stated by the bank take it as my own and not worry about my co-trustee. As she has no legal claim. Please advise. Kindest regards, ---

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum