Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rejected Hotel Redemption Letter

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rejected Hotel Redemption Letter Empty Rejected Hotel Redemption Letter Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:13 am

funkydelicguy

Arresto Menor

I am planning to file a case against Cathay Pacific. But before i will do a move, i want your advice...
Please help.

Last November 2008, Asia Miles of Cathay Pacific awarded me a free one-night hotel accommodation in
Bangkok. They sent me a redemption letter as proof of my award. On December 2008, i left Manila and flew
to Bangkok and excitedly, wanted to enjoy my one-night stay in one of the luxurious hotels in Bangkok.
Unfortunately, upon checking-in, the hotel rejected the redemption letter what Asia Miles sent to me. According to the hotel staff, Asia Miles has pending accounts to them. In other words, i was not accommodated in the hotel.

Will i continue filing a case? How much damage this situation has caused me?

Need your advice... Thanks.

jason (jeraldjustin@yahoo.com)

2Rejected Hotel Redemption Letter Empty Re: Rejected Hotel Redemption Letter Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:00 am

fbsensei

fbsensei

Jason, did you get in touch with Cathay Pacific regarding the refusal of their partner hotel to honor the redemption letter? My advice is you write a letter to Cathay Pacific informing them that the hotel redemption letter had been rejected by the hotel. In the same letter you also demand compensation for the costs you incurred, such as hotel accommodation, airfare, etc.

If they refuse to honor your claims, you may file a case for damages against Cathay Pacific.

3Rejected Hotel Redemption Letter Empty Re: Rejected Hotel Redemption Letter Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:51 am

funkydelicguy

Arresto Menor

yes, i did it through e-mail. The time they sent the redemption letter, they emailed me. On that same email, i wrote to them what had happened but i did not receive any reply from them. I contacted Asia Miles through their toll-free number but i got no proper answer. They just informed me that they will check my complaint.

Since i went to Bangkok as a backpacker and on budget, i did not stay on their partner hotel.

Until when i will wait for their response? One follow up question, I am now scheduled to leave phils. to work in saudi arabia, can i still file a case eventhough i'm outside the country?

4Rejected Hotel Redemption Letter Empty Re: Rejected Hotel Redemption Letter Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:10 pm

fbsensei

fbsensei

At this point, I suggest you engage the services of an attorney to prepare a final demand letter to Cathay's corporate office. If you have not received an official reply within the time frame given in the demand letter, I suggest you ask your attorney to prepare the appropriate complaint against this airline.

On your second question: How long will you be staying in Saudi Arabia? That might present a problem once you have filed a complaint because your personal appearance might be required, particularly during the pre-trial and trial stage of the proceedings. But at this early stage, I suggest you give your attorney a special power of attorney authorizing him to negotiate compensation in your behalf in you are leaving anytime soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum