Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Debt claims from years ago

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Debt claims from years ago Empty Debt claims from years ago Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:42 pm

nickaie

Arresto Menor

I borrowed money from a a family member 5 years ago, and I paid the whole amount this year. But now he's claiming that I also owe him money from 10 years ago. I have no recollection of this at all. It's been so long and he just mentioned it to me now. We've had family reunions and gatherings but he never mentioned this.

He's saying he's going court or humiliate me in my work place and all that. We had financial difficulty during those years, but I don't remember borrowing money from him.

Please advise.

Thanks

2Debt claims from years ago Empty Re: Debt claims from years ago Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:05 am

TiagoMontiero

Prision Correccional

if he cannot present any contract and it is already beyond ten years, the he can no longer file a case, if in case he will file, just file a motion to dismiss based on prescription.

3Debt claims from years ago Empty Re: Debt claims from years ago Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:33 am

nickaie

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your response.

She's been harassing me and family, I don't know if she's even going to file a case. Or maybe she won't because she doesn't have enough evidence.

Can I file a case against her? I just need her to stop meddling with me and my family's life. Her accusations are not true, but she's threatening to go to my work place, talk and write to my superiors. I've been working at my company for a long time and I don't my status to be jeopardized in any way.

Is there anything that I can do/file that will have an immediate effect? We don't live in the same city, should I still go to their baranggay or file a case? How long does this usually take? Until the hearing/meeting, can he still continue this harassment?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum