Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 years debt

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

110 years debt Empty 10 years debt Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:48 am

looking_looking45

Arresto Menor

Good day
my question is. I borrowed money from my friend since 2006 amounting to 50,000 php. I issued a post dated check by then. But never encashed by the creditor. We don't have any written agreement for the interest at all.

I went to a different country to live a new life, I am a citizen of that new country already.

After 10 years, he was trying to collect the principal plus interest of 5% every month.

does he have still the right to collect and file a case against me?

thank you

210 years debt Empty Re: 10 years debt Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:06 pm

attyLLL

after ten years his right has already prescribed, and without a written agreement, interest is not demandable.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

310 years debt Empty Re: 10 years debt Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:21 pm

looking_looking45

Arresto Menor

Thank you. can u share the legal basis for the prescriptive of debt. bec. parents are old and kinda worried.

here is the situation right now...

the family of my friend is sour graping for the reason that his uncle lost on a civil case with my dad. and we are demanding for damages.

They are alleging that I owe them money of 385t in total including interest since 2006. and they are trying to offset what I owe to the amount they are going to pay for their damages.

now they are sending demand letters thru telegram, lbc, dhl but my parents wont sign or receive the documents. they filed a complaint to a barangay.

My question is can they do the offsetting of debt.
and he they computed as 50t x 5% every month x 10 years = 350t?

410 years debt Empty Re: 10 years debt Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm

attyLLL

the check is considered a written contract and the right to demand prescribes in ten years.

they cannot offset because the parties of the one case are different from this one.

510 years debt Empty Re: 10 years debt Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:29 pm

looking_looking45

Arresto Menor

thank you. so much.
and can they still file a case against me? even though I lived in a different country already for 10 years

610 years debt Empty Re: 10 years debt Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:50 am

attyLLL

they can file it, but I doubt it will prosper unless they can identify property here that is in your name, aside from the issue of prescription.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum