Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birth Certificate Old different from New

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Birth Certificate Old different from New Empty Birth Certificate Old different from New Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:53 am

arthurb

Arresto Menor

Hello there,

I would like to ask if it is possible to fix a problem with my present birth certificate.
I recently applied from NSO(East Ave. Quezon City) a copy of my birth certificate and upon receiving it I went to SSS and used it to apply for my SSS number. The people there noticed and ask me why was the name of my mother left blank in the Birth Certificate. I was surprised as well and called my mother to ask. She had a photocopy of my birth certificate from 1990 which was used during my High School days. She told me her name was written on it and everything should be complete. When I went home and compared it, it seems that a lot of things were different like the signature of my father is different in alignment, some words were missing like mother's religion etc. I assume NSO did something to my original birth certificate like using restoration software if it had been damage though no one had informed me.

The problem is that I'll be applying for a passport 4 days from now, I am wondering if it is just possible to bring the 1990 copy of my Birth Certificate to NSO and just show them the discrepancies and at the least put the name of my mother back in its place in just one day so that I won't have any problems in DFA.
P.S. 1990 Birth Certificate is a photocopy of the original with Blue certified stamp which I had submitted to my school a long time ago.
All of the Data written in both birth certificates are of my father's handwriting from my name down to the last data it was not typewritten.

Any insights will be appreciated thank you for the help Smile

Last edited by arthurb on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : father's handwriting)

attyLLL

you can try, but in my opinion, it will be required that you file a petition for correction of entry in court.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

jenny_ml03

Arresto Menor

Good Day po Atty. I have my two birth cert, nung unang nag apply po ako ng passport late registered birth cert po ang nagamit ko kasi po di lumalabas yung original. Now when i applied again for my birth cert lumabas na po yung orinigal at first na na rigister. My problem is magkaiba po ang middle name ko, date og birth and place pf birth sa birth cert ko. Pumupunta po ako ng DFA para magpa renew ng passport at gagamitin ko na po yung original di na po nila i allow kailangan ko daw pong pa cancel yung isa...ano po bang proseso sa pag cancel nung late registered birth cert ko and how long it will takes at magkano po kaya ang aabutin...salamat po...

arthurb

Arresto Menor

Thank you, for the reply. When I called NSO about the problem they told me to go and file a supplemental at City Hall. I did that, and paid a total of 450 pesos, 250 I paid at the miscellaneous fee and 200 at the person who was making my affidavit in the civil registry department (curious on why I was not given a receipt in the affidavit part) and I was requested to go back after 5 days. I'm going there now to civil registry to get my corrected birth certificate because it is already 5 days. Hope there is no longer any payment to be done Smile . Thanks again Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum