Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

monthly penalty charges for the delay of payment of monthly amortization

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bobit

Arresto Menor

I bought a house and lot on installment basis and CONTRACT TO SELL(DEED OF CONDITIONAL SALE)is our agreement.

As per our agreement "IN CASE OF DEFAULT OR IF THE MONTHLY INSTALLMENT IS NOT SETTLED ON DUE DATE, AN ADDITIONAL 3% MONTHLY PENALTY CHARGES WILL BE ADDED TO THE UNPAID MONTHLY AMORTIZATION." THE AMOUNT OF MONTHLY AMORTIZATION IS 40,000.00.

I have not paid the monthly amortization for 3 consecutive months. For the 1st month, I paid 1,200.00, 2nd month 2,400.00 and 3rd month 3,600.00 representing penalties. The seller demanded that I should pay 7,200.00 for the third month. I told him that I am updated on penalty charges even though it is not stated in the agreement. That in fact I may pay the penalty as soon and together with the delayed monthly amortization.

Please give your legal opinion as the seller as I understand misunderstood the agreement.

attyLLL

I believe your interpretation is correct, but note, this does not mean you are not in default.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

bobit

Arresto Menor

thank you mr. moderator

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum