Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

modus operandi

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1modus operandi Empty modus operandi Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:40 pm

richard1

Arresto Menor

I would like to inquire about a car accident that happened to me about 2 years ago. I hit an SUV infront of me while riding along residential street. After driving fast the SUV infront did a full stop unexpectedly, I tried to step on my breaks, however it was already close and I hit his bumper. But before I hit the bumber I noticed that it's already damage from previous accident, I guess. The driver was asking for the amount of P8,000.00 for a new bumper. I disagree because I believed that it was an staged accident to extort money from me. He called a police. The police got my license and OR/CR. We signed in a log book at the nearest police pricinct. The police didn't give back my license and OR/CR. Maybe he handed over it to the driver and instructed me to follow to the police headquarter. I've agreed to have the SUV be repaired at the shop of their own choice or else they will impound my motorbike! I paid P2,000.00. I doubt that the SUV has been repaired. Maybe the shop owner, the driver and the policeman shared the extorted money from me. I feel like I'm a victim of a modus operandi! Can I have my P2,000.00 back? How about damages to my bike and myself? Fair justice?

2modus operandi Empty Re: modus operandi Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:19 pm

attyLLL

the normal presumption is that the one behind is at fault because you are supposed to maintain a safe distance sufficient to allow you to stop.

you can file a case, but I would bet on the other side to win.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum