Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retro Pay for delayed salary increase

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Retro Pay for delayed salary increase Empty Retro Pay for delayed salary increase Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:42 am

Azalean09

Arresto Menor

A pleasant day sir!

I will just like to ask, if a the company is required to provide a retro pay in the event that the salary increase is delayed. When I signed for this company, the expectations that provided to me is that there will be an annual increase, that increase will be based on my performance. I turned one year in our company last March, my supervisor already conducted the performance review a week after my hire date. Then for some reason the company provided a memo that the increase will be delayed and it should credited by July.

Just today my manager gave me the copy of my performance review. The amount of increase is there and the effective date is July 1, 2011. Which surprised me a lot since the date of my performance review is supposed to be several months earlier than that. Although it was never clear to us that the salary increase will be retroactive from the date of hire, most of us are questioning whether that is legal or not.

Basing from my experience with my previous employer, when our salary increase was delayed the pay was retroactive.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you!

2Retro Pay for delayed salary increase Empty Re: Retro Pay for delayed salary increase Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:44 am

lawddesign

lawyer

if a salary increase is made and the payment is delayed, definitely retroactive pay must be made. for instance, a salary increase took effect after an employee's probationary period (6th month). if such employee is already working for the company for a year without the salary increase incorporated in his payslip, then it should retroact.

the problem in your case is that the management specifically provides that your salary increase is effective only on July 1, 2011 unless you have a memo or written contract that your increase should have been effected a long time ago.

Gillie

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like to ask if overtime is included in computation of retro pay in case of delayed salary increase.

Hope you can help, many thanks.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

It should be.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum