Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Legal Advice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need Legal Advice Empty Need Legal Advice Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:05 pm

mvp0405

Arresto Menor

good day!

i am a single mom for almost 5 years now though, legally married. i just wish to ask and seek legal advice because i would like to prepare an affidavit of abandonment to be signed and attested by my ex-husband. would that be ok? i was also advised before to prepare an affidavit of three (3) witnesses just in case I would decide to file for nullity of marriage. For now, all I would like to file is the affidavit of abandonment, how should I do it? Another thing, would it be possible to change my son’s surname which is his legal father’s surname, to my own surname? Please assist me in this regard. Thank you so much!
[b]

2Need Legal Advice Empty Re: Need Legal Advice Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:50 pm

lawddesign

lawyer

may i ask who advised you to execute an affidavit of abandonment?

3Need Legal Advice Empty need legal advice Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:07 pm

mvp0405

Arresto Menor

A family friend who’s also an atty. He told me before that I should’ve filed a complaint or a case before, when the actual physical abuse was happening to me and to my son but I don’t want any scandalous scenario that’s why I kept silent for almost 7 years of my marriage.

Anyway, I have also consulted before regarding the nullity of marriage, but since it would be too expensive to file I choose not to go with it. My only concern right now is the right of my ex-husband over my son. Please help me how I can remove his right over my son. He is currently with another girl and I don’t have any comment regarding that, I just want to clarify to him that he is waiving or removing his right over my son. I also want to ask, is it possible to change the surname of my son from his current which is his father’s, to my surname when I was still single?

Another thing, a family friend also suggest that I should consider preparing 3 witnesses w/ affidavits about what happened to me and my son because that would be of help if I would consider filing a nullity of marriage. Should I take that advice?

Thanks so much! Honestly, I was seeking way too long for someone whom I can really ask for legal concerns. I do hope you could help me.

Thanks again and God bless!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum