Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Theft or Estafa? Pls help.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Theft or Estafa? Pls help. Empty Theft or Estafa? Pls help. Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 am

macknight

Arresto Menor

Hi! greetings to all po, my wife worked in our home owner's assoc as a volunteer, after several months she stopped with advice po sa president ng HOA. After few months, nagkagulo then some people took over the admin office and appointed themselves w/o the president's approval. Yesterday, they sent a letter demanding my wife to explain due to non remittance of payment/ORs she signed previously. It's just a letter with OR numbers. I want to ask if these ORs can be really used against her by these people? If so, is it theft or estafa?

I read the revised penal code what do the following mean under estafa/swindling? there should be money involved?
(a) By using fictitious name, or falsely pretending to possess power, influence, qualifications, property, credit, agency, business or imaginary transactions, or by means of other similar deceits.

BTW, my wife didn't sign the letter but we have the copy. These people who took over po are doing this to use my wife against the president. They're asking for a signed statement. At present, the HOA president filed a robbery case and attempted murder against them. Please enlighten me as to what case can we file against these people po. Thanks in advance and God Bless po.

Last edited by macknight on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:01 am; edited 3 times in total

2Theft or Estafa? Pls help. Empty Re: Theft or Estafa? Pls help. Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:08 pm

macknight

Arresto Menor

Mga sir pa help naman po. Thanks

3Theft or Estafa? Pls help. Empty Re: Theft or Estafa? Pls help. Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:06 pm

attyLLL

your first concern should be how to prove that your wife actually remitted the collections.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum