Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lolo's Land All Children died

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lolo's Land All Children died Empty Lolo's Land All Children died Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:03 pm

ferdinanerenio@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

My Lolo named "M" has a lot in Cebu. He has 4 children, 3 boys 1 girl. The girl is my mother.
Mr "M" (My lolo) had died (around 1955) while his children are still kids (below the age of 18).
The wife (my mother's mother was alive at that time). She died around 1980.

They all migrated to northern Mindanao (my uncle's families and my mother's family and my lola at around 1970's).
I myself been born and raised in northern Mindanao.

Until now, upon inquiry at Cebu's register of deeds the land property is still in the name of my Lolo.
As far as I know, the brother of my Lolo Mr "T" (already died also) has assume ownership of the property.
And always updated the real estate tax up until this moment (updated by his sons, cousins of my mother).
Perhaps they also enjoy the produce of the land from that time until now.

As I know, Mr "T" make them believe that the land has already been purchased by him. Since they were just kids, I doubt the legality of that.
I don't know why my lola also has no say about it. Or perhaps Mr "T", the uncle of my mother was wise enough to take control of the land.

My mother just died 2009 and all her siblings before her had died also. Thus, no more direct heir of my lolo's property.
The title of ownership of the land has not been transferred to them (in fact still in my lolo's name).

And we, as the grandchildren wanted to claim that land. So it could be divided among the grandchildren. Perhaps the monetary value after it can be sold. Since on my estimate we are around more than 20 grandchildren.

What should we do? Where should we start?

Thank you very much,
-Ferdie

2Lolo's Land All Children died Empty Re: Lolo's Land All Children died Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:27 pm

attyLLL

you should get a lawyer and file a judicial petition for settlement of your lolo's and lola's estate.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum