Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facebook Libel Help?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Facebook Libel Help? Empty Facebook Libel Help? Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:29 pm

greaver

Arresto Menor

I want to ask the legality of uploading a video of our neighbor caught going hysterical and being "insane" since no one in her/his right mind would do something like that, the location is the outside in our street. The Video went viral and spread to her university which she is a professor in there.

I titled the video "Prof sa (school)___ na si ___ ___(name) Baliw?"

Di ko aakalain na kakalat yung video since i have no friends from that school where she is a professor in there.

The Video was already deleted but she has a screen grabs of the title of the video and the comments made by me and my friends.

and the comments are of course base on the video of her being crazy and insane..

nagharap na kami sa barangay and the barangay advised her to file the case in the fiscal office.

How can I defend my self?

2Facebook Libel Help? Empty Re: Facebook Libel Help? Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:31 pm

attyLLL

one of the best defenses in internet libel is the opinion of ex-DOJ Secretary Gonzales that the libel law did not contemplate the internet. I don't agree with it, but I've seen fiscals use it to dismiss e-libel cases.

your lawyer can also argue the elements and argue that they prove whether it is really you who owns the account where the video was posted.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Facebook Libel Help? Empty Re: Facebook Libel Help? Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 pm

greaver

Arresto Menor

but is it already a strong evidence of libel if you upload a video of someone caught in public place and titling it with her name and questioning her sanity? the said video is already deleted and the only evidence left is the screenshot of the video title and the comments from me and my friends..

4Facebook Libel Help? Empty Re: Facebook Libel Help? Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:48 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, if documented properly, that is still arguable as libel. if the post is defamatory, then the law presumes there was a malicious intent.

now that it is deleted, the complainant will have to prove it was you who posted it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Facebook Libel Help? Empty Re: Facebook Libel Help? Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:13 am

greaver

Arresto Menor

last question attorney,

is recording and uploading a barangay hearing illegal?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum