Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rental & Deposit Increases

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rental & Deposit Increases Empty Rental & Deposit Increases Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 am

francine214

Arresto Menor

I am currently renting an apartment in Metro Manila. I have a lease contract that will expire at the end of this month. However, I received a call from my landlord, that he would implement a 500-peso increase from my monthly rental, as soon as the leased agreement expires at the end of this month. (My current rental fee is 4,300/month) Apart from that, he told me that the deposit I made last 2008 should have an increase of 500-pesos as well.

I would like to know if that is legal? Because I have read the rental law of 2009, and if I remembered right, landlords are only allowed to increase monthly rental of not more than 7%? Especially if the same tenant is renting the apartment? Further, I do not remember the same law indicating the legality of the increase on the deposits previously made?

The landlord only visited the place once since I moved in. And, it is only because I refused to send a bank payment unless he sends me a contract of lease. All payments I have had for the monthly rental are made thru a bank. I have kept and filed all the bank receipts, the generic acknowledgement payments the landlord issued, and the contract of lease from 2008 till present.

I sincerely hope you could provide me a sound legal advise. I have read most of your responses to other people. And, is truly glad that there is a forum and people like you who would find time to address legal matters as such.

Thanks again and more power!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum