Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

middle name problem

+5
bonsai12
_singleparent_
bujenjen
attyLLL
mom040605
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1middle name problem Empty middle name problem Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 am

mom040605

Arresto Menor

i am a single mother. my child carries both my middle name and surname in his birth certificate. i am planning to get him a passport next month. however, i was told by a few friends that i might encounter a problem because, by law, my son should not have any middle name in his birth certificate. What shall i do now? thank you.

2middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:41 pm

attyLLL

just apply. they have no choice but to follow what's on the birth certificate. hopefully you won't encounter a strict docs examiner

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:25 pm

mom040605

Arresto Menor

thank you so much for your reply. how about in US immigration? I accompanied my son in my application as immigrant in USA. i am afraid they're going to question my son's middle name again. whats the best thing to to do? thank you

4middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:56 pm

bujenjen

Arresto Menor

I have the same case... and im planning to apply a passport for him, but I want the birth cert to be fixed as well before applying for his passport... is the inclusion of middle name to his birth cert a clerical error? can i just have it fixed at the civil registrar? or does it require court proceedings for it to be corrected??? thank you..

5middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:30 pm

attyLLL

same advice. if it's already there, you don't have to take it out.

6middle name problem Empty Middle Name Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:28 am

_singleparent_

Arresto Menor

same case as mine. if in case i would like to have the middle name removed, what is the process? would it cost me big time? if decided to leave it as is, will i have problems in legal docs of my daughter in the future? this issue is quite a headache to me already. im torned to have it removed, go through the long process and maybe pay quite a big amount or to just leave it as is, that would save me time and money and the hassle. im just bothered about what it might cause in the future. please enlighten me...need your help! thank you so much!

7middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 pm

mom040605

Arresto Menor

I also inquire this issue to the Civil Registrar in Manila city hall..she said there will be no problem.i dnt need to removed his middle name on his BC..well,hopefully walang maging problem sa DFA and immigration next m0nth.

8middle name problem Empty Middle Name Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 pm

_singleparent_

Arresto Menor

I also called DFA regarding the matter. Sabi naman nila gagayahin lang nila kung ano nasa BC so it will not be rejected for application of passport. I also asked around kasi sobrang sumasakit na ulo ko about this Wink I have a friend, yun sister niya same situation as us, naka travel na sila ng canada at sa asian countries, wala naman daw naging problema. Surprised so i think i'll just leave it as is. ang hassle kasi pag ipapatanggal pa at baka mahal ang babayaran. but im still waiting for a reply from attyLLL for the enlightenment, para naman makahinga na ng maluwag. Cool

9middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm

attyLLL

please see my post above. if the middle name is already there, leave it be.

10middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:38 pm

bonsai12

Arresto Menor

halos same problem din po...im applying as a factory worker in taiwan for medical na po ako....nagworry lang po ako kasi sa birth certificate ko ung middle name at last name ko pareho kaya ganun lahat ng docu ko pero nung nag apply ako ng passport tinanggal nila nakakaapekto po kaya ung sa application ko sa taiwan lalo na po sa pagprocess ng visa?? kung aayusin ko naman po napakatagal po nun kasi lahat ng docu ko papalitan.

11middle name problem Empty middle name Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 pm

_singleparent_

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:please see my post above. if the middle name is already there, leave it be.

thank you po attylll. sobrang na relieve po ako. akala ko gagastos na ako ng malaki. i took ur advise po, i won't touch anything na. as is nalang siya. God Bless po! Very Happy

12middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:59 am

halfemptystar

Arresto Menor

when i applied for my daughter's passport, hindi nilagay yung middle name ko (kasi dapat daw blank, since single mom ako) and the person whom i talked to asked me to fix my daughter's bc.

is it considered as a court case na ba?

thanks!

13middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:30 pm

attyLLL

yes, it requires a court petition to correct it. wow, those dfa document examiners are getting tough.

14middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:54 pm

halfemptystar

Arresto Menor

ok. thanks po attyLLL. Very Happy

15middle name problem Empty middle name problem Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:36 pm

_singleparent_

Arresto Menor

hi po, last november i was able to get my daughter her passport. they just followed what's in the BC. Thank God i did not have any problem getting her one. The man who processed it just told me that a child of a single parent should not include middle name in BC, nonetheless, he processed it. cheers Thanks atty for all your help. santa

16middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:55 pm

attyLLL

congrats!

17middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:46 am

babaeng_radikal

Arresto Menor

yeah, i did also for my daughter since pareho kaming middle name and last name. i got her passport last october 10, 2010 and we we're also petitioned, visa approved got the GC butwe never encountered any problem in terms of middle and last name.

louisg

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir:

I am a western and my wife is from here Philippines and we are expected a baby in a few months and we having a problem with the name of our child the middle name, she said it was the law here that we have to use her mother's maiden name on the birth certificate is that true it is the law

19middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 pm

attyLLL

if you are married, the child should carry the father's surname and the mother's maiden name will be the middle name.

20middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:52 pm

gimo

Arresto Menor

Good Day maam/sir i hope you can help me on this matter:
Im using my mother's Last Name and Middle Name on my school and other government documents, but In my NSO Birth Certificate it indicates that my mom's last name is only on my middle,Hindi po sila kasal ng tatay ko ano po ba ang gagawin ko at ano ano ang mga requirements pra masunod sa middle name and last name ng mom ko, im planning to apply for a passport baka po kasi mag ka conflict, ayun lang iniisip ko...

21middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:56 pm

gimo

Arresto Menor

_singleparent_ wrote:hi po, last november i was able to get my daughter her passport. they just followed what's in the BC. Thank God i did not have any problem getting her one. The man who processed it just told me that a child of a single parent should not include middle name in BC, nonetheless, he processed it. cheers Thanks atty for all your help. santa

Kasi yung sakin po eh yung last name ng mom ko nakalagay sa middle name ko sa Birth Certificate.. Ano po gagawin ko? Sa mga College documents ko po kasi gnagamit ko yung Middle name and last name ng mom ko pti rin sa NBI Clearance ko...

22middle name problem Empty Re: middle name problem Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:35 am

attyLLL

it may be easier to just ask those docs to be changed based on your birth certificate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum