Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOLE CUSTODY

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SOLE CUSTODY Empty SOLE CUSTODY Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:00 pm

survivor4574

Arresto Menor

Hi!

Just want to ask a few legal questions.

I had sex with a woman and it bore us a baby girl. She left me with the baby a week after she gave birth to her. I was even the one who registered the baby. So I was the only one signed in the birth certificate.

I am now having some problems getting my daughter a passport as DFA requires that the child be accompanied by her mother which is nowhere to be found. I was told that I was to get a court order saying that I have sole guardianship over my daughter and that her mother is nowhere to be found. I consulted some lawyers about this and was told that it would a long, tedious and expensive process.

My question now is would this process be the answer to all my legal impediments?

If ever the mother would resurface, what can I do to make her give me sole custody of our daughter?

Would there be any legal issues if I was the only one signed in our daughter's birth certificate?

Please advise.

Thanks!

2SOLE CUSTODY Empty Re: SOLE CUSTODY Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 pm

attyLLL

if you are granted custody, then you it will give you legal parental authority over the child.

unfortunately, custody is never permanent, if she resurfaces, she can ask for custody. but you can argue abandonment.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3SOLE CUSTODY Empty Re: SOLE CUSTODY Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:40 pm

survivor4574

Arresto Menor

what if she resurfaces and grants me full custody of the child? what should be our course of action?

is her not signing the birth certificate of any legal issue?

4SOLE CUSTODY Empty Re: SOLE CUSTODY Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:46 pm

attyLLL

no agreement on custody is every permanent. her granting you full custody is not even valid. but as long as she does not file an actual case for custody and she respects the agreement, then no problem.

her signing of the bc is of no issue. more so if you are the declarant.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum