Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fraud and willful breach

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fraud and willful breach Empty Fraud and willful breach Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:20 am

ionicsam

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm currently working in known call center. Recently, I was asked to give a notice of explanation in regards to and incident where I asked one of my colleague to call our help desk to ask for my PC login password to be reset.

The offenses included on the report are as follows:
1. Violation of computer/internet acceptable use guidelines. This clause defines the violatation wherein I transmitted my username to another person.

2. Acts of fraud or willful breach. Cant think of any simpler word to define it.

I would like to seek advice on what should I include in my notice to explain. I hope someone can post I reply to help me due to the fact that I'm afraid on what I should say because anything I say can be used against me.

2Fraud and willful breach Empty Re: Fraud and willful breach Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:29 pm

attyLLL

your colleague asked YOU to to call the help desk to reset YOUR login and password?

why? what is the purpose?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Fraud and willful breach Empty Re: Fraud and willful breach Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:07 am

ionicsam

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:your colleague asked YOU to to call the help desk to reset YOUR login and password?

why? what is the purpose?

The exact thing that happened was I was the one on the phone waiting for a helpdesk agent to attend to my call so I can have my password reset since I cant log in to my computer. Helpdesk was receive high call volume and I asked her to wait for someone to answer the call due to the reason that I have to go to the restroom. I also gave her all the information (personal) that will be asked from her so that the password reset request will be granted. Someone finally answered the call but I wasnt there to request for the password reset myself. She mistakenly identified herself as me instead of saying that she was calling on behalf of me for that said request which according to our HR, was the reason for the 2nd offense that I posted.

4Fraud and willful breach Empty Re: Fraud and willful breach Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:41 pm

attyLLL

did you give her your previous password? would she have received your new one?

i would work on a strategy to mitigate the offense rather than get off, scott free. i would argue that you did not have any fraudulent intent so termination would be too harsh.

5Fraud and willful breach Empty Re: Fraud and willful breach Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 pm

ionicsam

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:did you give her your previous password? would she have received your new one?

i would work on a strategy to mitigate the offense rather than get off, scott free. i would argue that you did not have any fraudulent intent so termination would be too harsh.

Thanks Atty,

She wasnt given the new password due to the fact that the helpdesk agent knew that she wasnt me although she was able to give all the information required to have the password reset. If ever I still get terminated despite telling them that there was no fraudulent intent, is there any kind of appeal that i can do?

6Fraud and willful breach Empty Re: Fraud and willful breach Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:20 pm

attyLLL

you can appeal inside the company if there is a process for it, but the real remedy is to file a complaint at the nlrc.

7Fraud and willful breach Empty Re: Fraud and willful breach Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:37 pm

redred

Arresto Menor

Hi, I have a serious problem about the car I bought, i cannot transfer it to my name because of lack of documents to transfer the ownership of the car, i need to have pnp clearance. The only documents i have is ORCR, deed of sale. But i dont have supporting documents like ID of the seller. I cannot find her anymore.

8Fraud and willful breach Empty Re: Fraud and willful breach Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:04 pm

attyLLL

next time please post in the correct forum. who is looking for the ID, the PNP? try searching of FB.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum