Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

return of property

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1return of property Empty return of property Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:12 pm

abreyes

Arresto Menor

My parents acquired a house and lot property from Tesco Realty Co. Inc. way back 1996. For some reason, they have not been asked for monthly amortizations but they were asked, and was able to pay Real Property Tax 1997 and 1998. They were given a photocopy of the Transfer Certificate of Title. The loan with a certain bank was not approved (1999), as well as the loan with Pag-ibig. According to my parents, they were asked to sign a document which stated that they were returning the ownership of the property since they were about to leave for US, but though they asked, they were not given a copy. Recently a certain person from AB Devt. Corp claimed that my parents need to pay the Real Property Tax from the time the loan was disapproved by the bank. They are asking for my parents' identification papers and id pictures to be submitted to Pag-ibig so, according to them, they could transfer the ownership to the new owners. I am confused with what my parents' pag-ibig account has to do with the transfer of ownership. May I ask what sort of action do I need to undertake so we would not fall to a scam.

2return of property Empty Re: return of property Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:30 pm

attyLLL

who is occupying the house now? are your parents still claiming ownership of the house?

if so, don't sign anything. the property isn't in their name is it?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3return of property Empty Re: return of property Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:38 pm

abreyes

Arresto Menor

Hi,'appreciate your response...
the photocopy of the certificate of title says it's under my parents' names. another weird thing is, my parents' original address stated is incorrect (totally different location). My parents migrated to US since 2003. It was just a few days ago that this AB Devt starting asking for payment for Real Property Tax and may parents' identification papers so they could transfer ownership to the new owners, who I'm not sure if are already occupying the house. No, my parents are not really after the house. Is there any way I could check whether the property is really under my parents' name? Thanks!

4return of property Empty Re: return of property Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:47 pm

attyLLL

the way to confirm is to check at the Register of Deeds where the property is located.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5return of property Empty Re: return of property Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:45 am

abreyes

Arresto Menor

Ok, Thanks. But for the meantime, I asked them to send us a formal letter indicating what they are actually asking from us, and for what purpose, since we are not sure really who we are dealing with here, why they sent us a collection agent, and what are they collecting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum