Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Surname Should I Be Using?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Surname Should I Be Using? Empty What Surname Should I Be Using? Sun May 15, 2011 1:48 pm

eerie

Arresto Menor

Hi, Atty.
I'm an illegitimate child born in 1980. I've been using my father's surname. Ito and nakasulat sa birth certificate but I don't think my father filled-up the affidavit at the back of the original birth certificate before it was filed because whenever I request a copy from NSO they don't include the back part. Although sa original copy my father and mother filled up the affidavit almost 4 years after it was filed. Siguro my mom made my dad partially fill it up na lang afterwards --- there's nothing written on the "subscribed and sworn" part. I lived with my father since I was 6 years old and I was also included in his SSS beneficiary. Both of my parents are deceased.

Ang tanong ko po ay tama ba na surname ng tatay ko ang gamit ko?

Another issue is that my mother used my Dad's surname as her surname on the informant's name and signature instead of her maiden name. Would this cause a problem? If yes, what should I do?

I'm asking because I want to get a passport soon.

Thanks in advance! Smile

2What Surname Should I Be Using? Empty Re: What Surname Should I Be Using? Mon May 16, 2011 12:37 pm

attyLLL

you have to use the name written on your birth certificate. that's the only rule you have to think about.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum