Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unpaid internet bills

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1unpaid internet bills Empty unpaid internet bills Sat May 07, 2011 12:20 pm

jhoy

Arresto Menor

atty, i just want to know, if i can be sued for my unpaid internet bills that cost P10, 714.00. Ang original ko lang po na-consume don ay 4,000... and then, yung huling bill ko i was surprised na naging ganon na kalaki yung amount niya...yan din yung amount na nakalagay when i received a demand letter from a law firm... ganon na yung amount nya... and then, hindi ko na sya binayaran kasi yung unit na yun (modem at phone) inanod at tinangay nung ondoy times... i tried to inform them if i can have it cut, kaya lang sabi nila after a year pa or magababayad ako ng 2 months worth ng bill ko... so at that time, hindi ko priority yun kasi nawalan nga kami ng bahay... so ano po ba ang pinaka-best na gawin? kasi i received a demand letter nga from a firm that's asking me to pay for that amount in 7 days or else they will take judicial or extra judicial actions against me... i cannot produce that amount of money in 7 days... is there a chance for me to negotiate pa? i will really appreciate if you could advise be about this one... God bless!

2unpaid internet bills Empty unpaid internet bills Sat May 07, 2011 2:13 pm

sureshock2000

lawyer

based on your predicaments, you just have to communicate through a letter or personally appear before the office of the internet provider. You need not discuss the matter to the law firm acting as collection agent of the internet provider to avoid unnecessary add up charges that will be given by the collection agent.

On the premise that you informed them to cut the services, if you can prove it much better. Presumably, you made a verbal coordination to cut the services, it would be remote considering that a denial would be the answer that you will get with your internet provider.

It is my suggestion that you settle the matter amicably. Formally write them a letter and state your predicament that the only way you can settle the arrears is by paying "xxx" amount reasonable for you to comply. It is also suggested that you issue post dated checks to guarantee you willingness to comply with the terms-just be faithful in funding the check.

Do not be afraid, some collection agencies are applying extra-ordinary techniques for them to threaten debtors and eventually pay unreasonable amount. There is a Bangko Sentral circular about this, I just forgot the series number but you can search the web, its all about the rules on collection to be made by banks and collection agents. this would apply in your case. try browsing the net on this, so you won't be threaten by undesirable collection agents out ther to threaten just to make collection. Also, in that circular, you will know where and what department of the Bangko Sentral you can direct a complaint against this agents/banks/business establishments (DTI for business establisments).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum