Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Title to house and lot.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Title to house and lot. Empty Title to house and lot. Sun May 01, 2011 3:21 am

maisam726

Arresto Menor

Our property which consists of house and lot was titled but on the title, only the lot appears. I am not very familiar with your laws on land titles; however, I am assuming that the house should also appear on the title. Is this a correct assumption? If it is, do I need to change the title to reflect the house?

Last edited by maisam726 on Sun May 01, 2011 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

2Title to house and lot. Empty Re: Title to house and lot. Sun May 01, 2011 7:48 am

attyLLL

hello maisam, the house will not appear on the title. it really covers the lot only.

the house will be reflected as an improvement on the tax declaration, a separate document.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Title to house and lot. Empty Title to house and lot. Sun May 01, 2011 10:01 am

maisam726

Arresto Menor

I purchased a house and lot for P850,000. When I received the title, the amount was reduced to P188,000 and the title covers only the land. How can I prove now that I also purchased the house in addition to the land where the title covers only the land? To make matter worst, the seller is disputing the total amount I paid and alleging that he only received the amount that corresponds to the land. Amazingly, the deed of sale only talks about the land with an indicated value as claimed by the seller--P188,000. The survey did not show the house either. Here in the US, when you purchased a house & lot, your title will reflect both, as well as, the survey--the house is drawn inside the lot and indicates all the parameters.

4Title to house and lot. Empty Re: Title to house and lot. Sun May 01, 2011 8:54 pm

attyLLL

if your deed of sale does not expressly exclude the house, it is deemed included. was the title not transferred? are you a filipino citizen? who is supposed to be the transferee of the title?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Title to house and lot. Empty Title to house and lot. Sun May 01, 2011 9:50 pm

maisam726

Arresto Menor

The deed of sale expressly include only the land and, as I said, for a much lower price. No mentioned of the house at all. The title was transferred but it was a defective CLOA title and it did not cover all the total sq. m. that, I thought, is supposed to be included. I want to annul the sale but the seller/transferor is claiming that I only paid the lower amount as stated in the deed of sale. This happened in 2007 and I only discovered the deed this year. I am a Filipino citizen and carrying a Filipino passport and am the transferee of the title. Is the survey not supposed to show the house erected on the lot? Mine didn’t.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum