Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

LOOKING FOR A LAWYER SPECIALIZING IN CHILD CUSTODY

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jackbajar

Arresto Menor

Hi there,

I am a single mom and is currently having problems with the father of my 6month old son. He refuses to visit my son at my parents home and will only spend time with baby if i let him borrow our son to spend a specific time at his home.

I am very confused and at a loss and needs to professional help legally. Can anyone here recommend a lawyer that will be able to help me? i am residing in Bacoor Cavite.

Thank you.

attyLLL

i assume you are not married? i don't immediately see a problem. the father of an illegitimate child has visitation rights. i do not believe it is unreasonable for him to bring his child at his home.

is he threatening not to bring the child back?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

jackbajar

Arresto Menor

thanks for the reply. yes we are not married but he acknowledged our son in the birth certificate. although he is not threatening not to bring my son back, I do not fully trust this person and is always worrying for the worse. although there might be some sour graping involved in my part, i am really not willing in this "hiram" setup bec: #1 he does not support the child, claiming he does not have enough money. #2 i supported myself financially, and at times it extended to his needs during my pregnancy and when we were still together. #3. he emotionally abused me and physically hurt me a few times.
You might understand why I cannot trust this person from the reasons I just gave. Since we ended the relationship recently, he gives me money every payday (probably so he can have some sort of right to borrow our son), but it was never a fixed amount and very minimal. The most i have received from him so far is P2,000.

Is there a way for me to settle this out? Thank you very much!

attyLLL

if he is not willing to enter into a written support and visitation agreement, deny him visitation rights and demand that he provides support. you can even file a case of economic abuse under RA 9262.

jackbajar

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. i have checked out RA9262 but i still have a lot of questions (ie: how can i prove i was emotionally abused, and on what grounds will he be prohibited to see our son, and how much can i actually demand from him. i really want to get legal advice on this or take it to court if necessary. are you located anywhere around cavite or the south area? or can you refer me to someone.

Thanks.

attyLLL

no, i do not handle cases in cavite. you can look around for a local lawyer. you can also inquire at the pao, or legal aid office at the ibp or law school.

normally, you will have nothing more than your testimony, and often it is not enough.

Danj

Arresto Menor

Hi attorney,

I'm a new member here and what leads me to register here is because of my complicated case. The mother of my daughter did not informed me that she already gave birth last March 22, 2011. aside from that, She let another guy signed the birth certificate at the hospital and used the surname of that guy as a surname of the baby. we already had an arrangement before that her mother will just text me if she is about to give birth to sign the BC. I knew that she gave birth when she withdrew money from our joint account. What are my rights to the baby?Does it really necessary to order a DNA Test?Thanks for your prompt reply!Godbless you!

attyLLL

you have no legal rights except maybe for reimbursement of the money that he took.

you will have to file a petition for filiation with the child, and the court will order a dna test.

Danj

Arresto Menor

Ako pa po pala yung magpapadna test?Pano po kapag napatunayan na anak ko talaga siya through DNA Test, ano po ang habol ko or magiging rights?Kc grabe po yung ginawa niya ayoko naman pong umabot sa ganon kasi siya pa rin ang nanay ng anako ko..galit po kasi siya sakin dahil di ko po siya pinakasalan kaya nagawa niya ngayon at yung guy na pumirma sa BC ng bata ay ex-bf niya ngayon at lagi niya pa ring kasama..thanks po sa reply..pwede po ba kayo matawagan or office na pwedeng puntahan para magpalegal counsel kung sakali?member po ba kayo ng PAO?

attyLLL

if you establish that you are the father then the birth certificate can be corrected, and you will have visitation rights with the child, plus the obligation to provide support.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum