Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

surname mix up

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1surname mix up Empty surname mix up Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:06 pm

minukawa

minukawa
Arresto Menor

my parents were not married and was separated when i was still a child. my mom died when i was 6. my aunt took the liberty of enrolling me in first grade using my father's surname. i carried his surname until i reached college when the registrar personnel asked for my birth certificate. the nso document carried my mom's surname and i have no middle initial. from this point on, things begin to get out of hand. after knowing this, i followed the nso entries when i applied for my sss. how will i go about correcting the error in my school records? help highly appreciated.

2surname mix up Empty Re: surname mix up Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:18 pm

attyLLL

you have to go back to the school and explain the situation. they have to follow your name in the birth certificate.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3surname mix up Empty Re: surname mix up Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:28 pm

minukawa

minukawa
Arresto Menor

the schools that i attended to were in various provinces, as i was taken cared of by one kin to another. wouldn't it be the same if i submit a sworn affidavit to deped and ched acknowledging the nso entry?

4surname mix up Empty Re: surname mix up Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:00 am

attyLLL

no hurt in trying, but no guarantee ched will accept.

5surname mix up Empty Re: surname mix up Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:34 pm

benlee26

Arresto Menor

'Just joined...
I have 3 kids right now and I'm currently in Singapore working. My eldest daughter's last name is under my maiden name. Well, her dad I are still not married as of this time but we have plans early next year. My 2 sons surnames are under my partner's last name except for my daughter. When I gave birth to our eldest we were separated then and so I decided to just put my daughter's last name under my father's surname. Now, that everything is okay except for my daughter's name. I am planning to get them here in Singapore. But how can I have my daughter's passport processed if her last name is under my surname and I am here in Singapore? Or what is the legal workaround so my partner (daughter's dad) can have my daughter's surname to be changed under my partner's surname?
Hope to hear replies on this. I want them to visit me here in Singapore. thanks!

6surname mix up Empty Re: surname mix up Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:43 pm

attyLLL

sorry, i'm confused. the father of all the children is one person? marriage would be the best way, but n the meantime the father can issue an authority to use surname of the father. he can first go to the civil registrar where the daughter was registered to inquire and get forms, then both of you can file it together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum