Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

last name change, father abroad

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1last name change, father abroad Empty last name change, father abroad Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:53 am

inquisitive

Arresto Menor

hi!i often see women asking about changing their child's last name to their father's and i understand that the father needs to accomplish a couple of documents. my question would be, what if the father is abroad? is there a standard form for the acknowledgment and authority to use father's last name or will signed and scanned documents do?

thank you!

2last name change, father abroad Empty Re: last name change, father abroad Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am

inquisitive

Arresto Menor

hello..help please?!

3last name change, father abroad Empty Re: last name change, father abroad Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:05 pm

attyLLL

go to the local civil registrar where the child was registered and ask for forms for affidavit of acknowledgment and authority to use surname of father. send them to him and he should have them notarized at the philippine embassy or consulate before sending back to you.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4last name change, father abroad Empty Re: last name change, father abroad Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:02 pm

inquisitive

Arresto Menor

thanks so much!i'll do that.

5last name change, father abroad Empty Re: last name change, father abroad Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:46 am

inquisitive

Arresto Menor

the Pasig branch won't issue forms. they're saying that he should be the one getting the forms from the embassy. the Marikina branch issued forms. does it really vary per location?

6last name change, father abroad Empty Re: last name change, father abroad Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:19 am

attyLLL

unfortunately, yes. the process and forms are not standardized, and sometimes it depends on who is manning the desk when you get there.

it is correct that the father can inquire withe philippine consulate if they have forms there also.

7last name change, father abroad Empty Re: last name change, father abroad Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:42 pm

benlee26

Arresto Menor

My situation is the other way around. My partner (real dad of my daughter) is in the philippines. And I'm the one here in Singapore. What is the process or legal workaround as to how can my partner change our daughter's last name under his so they can also process my daughter's passport?

8last name change, father abroad Empty Re: last name change, father abroad Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 pm

attyLLL

benlee, same as above.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum