Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Irregularity or my misunderstanding

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Irregularity or my misunderstanding Empty Irregularity or my misunderstanding Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:10 pm

mike.pagulayan

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir/Madame,

I would like to ask for help on understanding the part of my contract discussing notice period and termination. Should I give 30 day notice period or 60 day notice period if I resign? Here is the said section:

"You are required to give a sixty(60)-day notice to your immediate manager in the event that you plan to terminate your employment with (my company). This is as per article 285 of the Philippine Labor Code, which states, 'an employee may terminate without just cause the employer-employee relationship by serving a written notice to the employer at least one month before the effectivity date'".

Please help.

Thank you.

2Irregularity or my misunderstanding Empty Re: Irregularity or my misunderstanding Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:16 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Follow the 60-day notice.

The 30-day notice is only the minimum.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Irregularity or my misunderstanding Empty Re: Irregularity or my misunderstanding Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:26 pm

attyLLL

council, please allow me to give another position.

employment contracts are imbued with public interest so they are not simple contracts where the parties can agree on whatever they want because employer and employee are rarely negotiating the contract as equals.

resignation is a right granted to an employee. i would argue that a notice period more than 30 days is not enforceable unless there is a compelling reason such as when there is a real shortage of possible replacements. of course, this is just my opinion.

if you want a risk free resignation, then give 60 day notice.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]