Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Granted or not?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Granted or not? Empty Granted or not? Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 am

Iamy12

Arresto Menor

My husband filed divorce in sharia court kidapawan city, my question is, if this will be granted and affects the civil law if I will not oppose on it? Since we are both catholic and got married in catholic church, but recently he converted into muslim. In order to divorce me and marry other woman.
The one of the problem that I cannot oppose because of the financial problem and time conflict.
Please do enlighten my mind. Thank you

2Granted or not? Empty Re: Granted or not? Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:55 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

The divorce proceedings in the Shari'a court cannot prosper since the marriage was conducted in catholic rites. Shari'a divorce only applies when Islamic rites were used for the marriage, as far as I know.

You should consult with a Shari'a Attorney to have a more authoritative answer.

3Granted or not? Empty Re: Granted or not? Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:17 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

thepoetsedge wrote:The divorce proceedings in the Shari'a court cannot prosper since the marriage was conducted in catholic rites. Shari'a divorce only applies when Islamic rites were used for the marriage, as far as I know.

''The divorce proceedings in the Shari'a court cannot prosper since the marriage was conducted in catholic rites.''
That is correct!

4Granted or not? Empty Re: Granted or not? Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:05 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

AWV wrote:
thepoetsedge wrote:The divorce proceedings in the Shari'a court cannot prosper since the marriage was conducted in catholic rites. Shari'a divorce only applies when Islamic rites were used for the marriage, as far as I know.

''The divorce proceedings in the Shari'a court cannot prosper since the marriage was conducted in catholic rites.''
That is correct!

Thank you! I am still a law student, so I am eager to learn from those who are already into the law practice.

May you have a good day, Sir/Madame AWV! Godspeed. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum