Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help! Paternity leave not granted

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help! Paternity leave not granted Empty Help! Paternity leave not granted Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:04 pm

alfred311

Arresto Menor

My wife recently gave birth and when I told my boss regarding my paternity leave he said that I cannot use it YET because its the holiday season and he cannot afford to change sched and lose personnel before the end of the year, he instead scheduled my leave and if i insist on using it i will be suspended. Is this legal? I know it is critical during those days but my family is more important. My wife needs me most especially on new year as my newborn is very sensitive to loud noise. Please help, what is my right and how can i tell it to my boss without offending him. Thank you

2Help! Paternity leave not granted Empty Re: Help! Paternity leave not granted Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:32 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

alfred311 wrote:My wife recently gave birth and when I told my boss regarding my paternity leave he said that I cannot use it YET because its the holiday season and he cannot afford to change sched and lose personnel before the end of the year, he instead scheduled my leave and if i insist on using it i will be suspended. Is this legal? I know it is critical during those days but my family is more important. My wife needs me most especially on new year as my newborn is very sensitive to loud noise. Please help, what is my right and how can i tell it to my boss without offending him. Thank you

Did you advise properly and early enough?

http://www.councilviews.com

3Help! Paternity leave not granted Empty Re: Help! Paternity leave not granted Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:57 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

unfortunately unlike maternity leave, ang pag schedule ng paternity leave is vague. it MAY be up to the employer to decide. Ang issue is the provision that you have to inform your employer in a timely manner. Pwede kasi nya sabihin na not enough time to get a replacement na. Have you tried asking DOLE?

4Help! Paternity leave not granted Empty Re: Help! Paternity leave not granted Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:43 pm

alfred311

Arresto Menor

I already adviced my boss and the HR (after knowing my wife is pregnant) ahead of time unfortunately my wife delivered earlier than expected, she went through emergency cesarean procedure due to some complications. Its just heartless that I wont be allowed to use my paternity leave just because. HR told me they cannot do anything if my head wont allow me to go on leave and even told me It seems that i just dont want to go on work on new year and using paternity leave as an excuse. I work in LGU so most people are incompetent and hard to talk to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum