Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paternity Leave

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paternity Leave Empty Paternity Leave Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:48 am

Yuuji

Arresto Menor

Good day! want to ask if i can avail a paternity leave without changing status first in the company. though i already submitted it but i cannot prove it since i failed to hold on to the receipt.
Thank you!

2Paternity Leave Empty Re: Paternity Leave Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:44 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Yuuji,

Paternity Leave shall apply only if your legal spouse have gave birth, meaning you are legally married with your partner.

Certain conditions also need to be met which are:

1. you are an employee at the time of the delivery of his child;
2. You are cohabiting with your spouse at the time that she gives birth - meaning you are really living together
3. You applied for paternity leave with your employer within a reasonable period
of time from the expected date of delivery by your pregnant spouse, or within
such period as may be provided by company rules and regulations; - Meaning that your company know your wife is pregnant and will be giving birth and have updated your records before the child's birth.
and
4. Your wife has given birth

What I don't get in your statement is that you have not change status and yet submitted it? Its either you have updated your status or not. So which is it?

3Paternity Leave Empty Re: Paternity Leave Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Yuuji

Arresto Menor

mikos23 wrote:Yuuji,

What I don't get in your statement is that you have not change status and yet submitted it? Its either you have updated your status or not. So which is it?

i did submit my change status application form to update my personal data in the company from single to married in the HR dept. unfortunately the person in charge misplaced my application form (which she won't accept that she misplaced it-i'm sure i submitted it).

1. I am lawfully married
2. I am cohabiting with my wife
3. My wife suffer miscarriage (which applicable for paternity leave)

4Paternity Leave Empty Re: Paternity Leave Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:24 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Then apply for the paternity leave. if the person in charge deny your update and won't process your paternity leave, file a complaint to the hr manager / head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum