Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

abandoned wife

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1abandoned wife Empty abandoned wife Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:12 pm

sadShell

Arresto Menor

I married a man I've met through internet po ..Today is supposed to be our 8 months wedding anniversary. Hindi talaga kami nagsama ng matagal kasi 3 days after wedding nmin bumalik na siya. He is in US now a US citizen . We had a fight that he chose to leave me and not to communicate with me. He changed his number po and I could only reach him through his email. Despite all my messages for a month he doesnt response to me anymore. I dont know where he is now or what he is doing.. Gusto ko sanang malaman kung anung pwede kung gawin para mapawalang bisa yung kasal namin. Pwede ba siyang mag file ng divorce dun para mkpag asawa kmi pareho? Tsaka withdrawn na rin niya petition ko to go to US. Maysakit din pala siyang PTSD sinabi niya sa akin pero hindi ko alam ganun po pala kalala.... Nakaka apekto po talaga sa amin kasi long distance na nga po relationship namin kunting pagkakamali ko sobrang galit n po niya sa akin at heto nga ung last gumawa po siya ng decision na sobrang nasaktan po ako kasi mahal ko. Pero wala nman po kming anak... natatakot din po ako security ko bk dahil sa sakit niya makarating man po ako US e bk mapatay niya ako. Sana mabigyan nyo ako ng advice kung anung pwede kung gawin po

2abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:38 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Where was the marriage celebrated?

Your husband can file for a divorce there in the US. Once it is granted by the courts, get a copy of said divorce order and file a judicial declaration of said divorce in the local family court. At this point, you need the services of a family lawyer to assist you in having the judicial declaration delivered to the court.

3abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:27 am

sadShell

Arresto Menor

Marriage was done here in the Philippines last October2017 .

4abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:48 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Your husband can still file for a divorce in the US. Once granted, the previous post that I have posted should be done by you.

Alternatively, you can also file an annulment case against your husband here in the PH with the help of a lawyer specializing in family law.

5abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:51 pm

sadShell

Arresto Menor

Thank you

6abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:26 pm

sadShell

Arresto Menor

i hope i can do something to contest the divorce =,( ....

7abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:37 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You want to challenge the divorce that will be filed by your husband? Di ba gusto mong mapawalang-bisa yung kasal nyo ng asawa mo?

8abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:26 am

sadShell

Arresto Menor

honestly, at first i just want to know if pwede niyang ma file yung divorce dun khit dto km kinasal... at magkaroon idea kung pano mapawalang bisa kasal... after reading your messages ive learned to accept the fact na possible pla lahat..now gusto kung malaman if pwede ko challenge yung divorce pakiramdam k kasi now di lang abandoned e...psychologically at morally im so damaged.. nakaka trauma...

9abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:35 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You can challenge the divorce proceedings by flying out to the US where the case was filed, though you would need the services of a US lawyer that specializes in family law so that he can file the necessary petitions in court. Take note, it will be very costly and the fact that you need to stay and live in the US will make it doubly expensive, unless you have nearby relatives who are willing to take you in.

What is your end goal in this case? Do you want to sue your husband for damages?

10abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:41 pm

sadShell

Arresto Menor

do i need to sign any papers once he filed a divorce? with your answers atty. i think im left with no option but to move on and accept the fact that he's gone ...

11abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You may need to sign legal documents, depending on where the case was filed and what laws are applied there.

It is not as simple as just merely appearing there and suddenly the proceedings will go your way. There are laws and procedures to follow in different states in America, and that is why you need the services of a local US lawyer in the state where your husband's case is filed. It also depends on how much your financial capacity can afford in terms of legal expenses and costs of living in the US, so there are many practical problems with what you want to do.

Maybe you need to talk to a relative who is staying in America, so you will have a bird's-eye view on how much you have to spend just to attain your goal. Please talk to family and friends as well so that they can give a different perspective from what you need to do with your current marriage.

Assess all your options. Take all practical concerns into account. Consider your job, your family, and your friends when making a huge decision.

Good luck, and may your efforts yield favorable results.

12abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 pm

sadShell

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much Atty. God Blessed!

13abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:06 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You're welcome. I am still a law student for now, and hopefully I can take the bar next year. I am looking forward to the day that I have earned the right to be called an "Attorney-at-law".

Godspeed, and good luck.

14abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 pm

sadShell

Arresto Menor

Thank you attorney... I will include you in my prayers .

15abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:28 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

sadShell wrote:Thank you attorney... I will include you in my prayers .

Many, many thanks. Your kind words make giving legal advice here worth it.

Again, may fortune be bestowed upon you in your current situation. Very Happy

16abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:31 pm

sadShell

Arresto Menor

It's been 60 days without communication with my husband i cant locate him...i can't reach him on his facebook and email because I got no response even to people we both know. I don't know what is his number now .What shall I do?

17abandoned wife Empty Re: abandoned wife Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:55 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

What was your last communication with your husband?

Have you tried talking to a local US lawyer yet? If yes, what were his recommendations?

If you want to have your husband located in the US, have a relative ask the local police for help in locating him. Use his last known address as basis for checking up on him.

Alternatively, you may try looking for the services of a private detective in tracking your husband's location, if you really want to find him.

Good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum