Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2nd family

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12nd family  Empty 2nd family Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:18 am

Mies

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.
I am separated (not legally) for almost 18 yrs and I have 2 daughter. My concern is, my ex husband abandoned us and didn't support any single peso to my daughter until they finished college. He is now living with his new family. I don't have time to file a case against him before instead I focused on how to raise my kids. Do I have the right asking him to pay for legal separation processing? Can I also still asked for payment to all damages he brought us? We're legally married, what case I can submit against him.
Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mila Robledo

22nd family  Empty Re: 2nd family Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:31 am

attyLLL

you can file a case of RA 9262 for failure to provide support. you can also seek reimbursement of his share of what was spent on the children

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

32nd family  Empty Re: 2nd family Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:57 am

Mies

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your immediate response. Do you think I can win on this because they said I should file the case only upon knowing that my husband is having an affair until only to the maximum of 5 yrs. After this year I can't ask for a support anymore. I am in the Philippines to face this issues. Once again, thank you.

42nd family  Empty Re: 2nd family Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:05 am

Mies

Arresto Menor

I forgot to elaborate that my husband left us/the kids while my eldest is 6 and youngest is 3 yrs of age. Those times we don't have commutation at all until my daughters finished college. Can I still seek for reimbursement?
Thank you for your support.

52nd family  Empty Re: 2nd family Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:56 pm

attyLLL

I believe so. Likely he might use the defense that the claims are stale because of the passage of time. Worst case scenario is you will still receive his share for the last three years even if the judge agrees with him.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum