Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2nd family's right

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12nd family's right Empty 2nd family's right Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:30 am

jr.jgat

Arresto Menor

My father left his wife 30 years ago. He never got back with her but continued to support their children. a few years after the breakup, he met my mother. they have been together ever since. my mother is the one considered as my fathers wife by my grandparents and other relatives though not legally. my father never arranged for annulment because he thinks that his wife would not approve of it. now, my father had a stroke and the first family wants to divide our property and have custody over our father. currently, he cant decide for himself because his cognitive skill were affected.

i just want to ask what our rights are to continue to take care of our father or can they just at anytime take him? another question is, can we already divide his property because that is what they want. hoping for help and clarification. thank you

22nd family's right Empty Re: 2nd family's right Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:14 pm

attyLLL

technically none,but make it difficult for the other family by not giving in.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

32nd family's right Empty Re: 2nd family's right Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 am

jr.jgat

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:technically none,but make it difficult for the other family by not giving in.

so most probably, if we go into court they would win over our father? my parents have been together for over 30 years and never did my father's wife sue my parents for anything. only until now that they want my father. another thing, my grandmother gave us a piece of land when that she named after me and my father and now they want to occupy that land. what can I do about that? in the title, there is my name and my father's name. I appreciate your help. thank you

42nd family's right Empty Re: 2nd family's right Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:57 pm

attyLLL

the legal part of being the legal wife comes with a lot of powers.

in these situations, i normally make it hard for the other side then work out a settlement. you can't keep them out forever.

like that land, i recommend it be subdivided so that your part is yours alone.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

52nd family's right Empty Re: 2nd family's right Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:02 am

jr.jgat

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:the legal part of being the legal wife comes with a lot of powers.

in these situations, i normally make it hard for the other side then work out a settlement. you can't keep them out forever.

like that land, i recommend it be subdivided so that your part is yours alone.

mahina pala yung karapatan namin kahit matagal na nagsasama ang mga maguling ko. we don't plan to keep my father away from them, we just want what's best for him. huling tanong na atty, so pwede na nilang piliting hatiin at angkinin ang malaking porsyento ng mga property kahit buhay pa ang father ko? sinasabi kasi nila na hindi na babalik ang pagiisip niya. ang mga properties po ay pamana ng grandparents ko at wala naman po intention na hatian pa ang asawa niya. Salamat ulit atty

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum