Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Implications in Backing-out on a job offer I signed (1)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Carrot Cake

Arresto Menor

Atty., I recently signed a job offer from Company A but only last Wednesday Company B called up and asked me to reconsider and even asked for the comp-package I received from Company A. Though Company A is a nice organization too and the HR and immediate superior too are nice people, Company B is my top priority because it's a govt institution.

I'm waiting for Company B's job offer which I am inclined to accept. I'm just a little worried about the wordings in the job contract of Company A, as follows:

"This Agreement and all of its annexes, the application for employment form completed by you (I haven't signed this), the Code of Conduct, and other company rules, regulations, and employment policies that the Company have or may issue from time to time, constitute the terms of your employment. By signing your conforme to this Agreement, you hereby accept and agree to comply with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including its annexes), the Code of Conduct, and other company rules, regulations and employment policies that the Company have or may issue from time to time.

You hereby acknowledge and agree that, by mutual and voluntary agreement witht he Company, this Agreement amends, restates and replaces your employment agreement dated July 2, 2018 with the Company.

This agreement shall be effective upon the agreed start date of your employment subject to the pre-conditions of employment set out herein."

(Medyo okay po itong last statement above, however if I will read again yung pre-conditions medyo na-stress po ako because of the clauses on Conflict of Interest; Non-Compete, Non-Solicitation which I will share in another post po.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum